1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Model glitches

  • ⌐■_■
  • August 1, 2007 at 11:48 AM
  • ⌐■_■
    • August 1, 2007 at 11:48 AM
    • #1

    Hi there,

    Just curious, but can anyone tell me how this is caused? I just noticed it and I haven't done any research myself yet. Just curious. I think it might be because of the brush (the fence) is standing in a model (the field of grain). I also haven't compiled with setting on normal yet. Just being a lazy ass and asking you guys.

    Cheers

    [Blocked Image: http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7316/cmhb8.jpg]

  • Skjalg
    • August 1, 2007 at 12:20 PM
    • #2

    I think you need for the fences to draw light from another position/source. Dont remember the name of the entity to do this tho..

  • hessi
    • August 1, 2007 at 12:28 PM
    • #3

    dont use vertexlight materials on brush/world geometry.

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 1, 2007 at 1:13 PM
    • #4

    Thanks for the replies, guys. Hessi, you were right. I used a modelmaterial for that fence. I knew that was wrong, but it seemed the only one suitable for what I wanted. I found a replacement now though.

    Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™