1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

DOD Textures

  • von*ferret
  • February 11, 2007 at 7:13 AM
  • von*ferret
    • February 11, 2007 at 7:13 AM
    • #1

    I'm toying with a dod map, i apply a material to a face. In the game it fades in and out of black. Are some materials not supposed to be used? I'm trying to match textures to the broken walls. Any help would be appreciated.

  • Erratic
    • February 11, 2007 at 7:16 AM
    • #2

    In source if you use textures intended for models, ones that are flagged as vertexlit generic(declared by the .vmt) as opposed to lightmapped generic for world textures you get this effect.

  • von*ferret
    • February 11, 2007 at 8:13 AM
    • #3

    nuts! I'll have to find the other texture. Thanks mate.

  • Defrag
    • February 11, 2007 at 9:44 AM
    • #4

    It's easy enough to edit texture .vmt files to get what you want.

    [*][*:x7k1vzjz]Extract the .vmt from the DoD .gcf
    [*:x7k1vzjz]Edit it the .vmt appropriately (remove the $model or whatever command that is giving you problems)
    [*:x7k1vzjz]Resave it as whatevernameitwas_ferret.vmt
    [*:x7k1vzjz]Drop it into the DoD materials/yourmapname/ folder, then distribute it with your map when you release
    [*:x7k1vzjz]Use this texture in your map instead of the old one[/list]

  • Furyo
    • February 11, 2007 at 10:27 AM
    • #5

    If you don't want to be bothered, enter the materials/models folder in the exclusion list of your hammer options. That way the textures in that folder won't be loaded so you're sure you're not using them

  • von*ferret
    • February 11, 2007 at 8:12 PM
    • #6

    I'll have to do that. If I decide to go ahead and make a releasable map I dont want any custom content for quick and easy download. Thanks guys.

  • Erratic
    • February 11, 2007 at 8:14 PM
    • #7
    Quote from von*ferret

    I'll have to do that. If I decide to go ahead and make a releasable map I dont want any custom content for quick and easy download. Thanks guys.

    Yeah I'm up to pretty much the same thing

  • e-freak
    • February 11, 2007 at 9:01 PM
    • #8

    a 2kb text file included in the bsp won't hijack your mapdownloads

  • von*ferret
    • February 11, 2007 at 9:08 PM
    • #9

    indeed, but its slippery slope for me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™