1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Matte Painting [WIP]

  • Minos
  • October 16, 2006 at 5:01 AM
  • Grinwhrl
    • October 17, 2006 at 5:41 AM
    • #21

    Awesome but I like the first, contrast rules.

  • Minos
    • October 17, 2006 at 1:37 PM
    • #22

    Small update:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/matte_painting_wip4.jpg]

    JonM: Yeah I agree, I had the same impression. I have already started to draw some buildings in the background.

    H2: here's a version with a different color correction for you. I should remove some lighting for this version to look right but yeah, you can get the idea It also looks very terminator'ish.

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/matte_painting_wip4_h2.jpg]

  • Evert
    • October 17, 2006 at 1:38 PM
    • #23

    I like it

    I'd like to see more fire in the background though, on the right and left of the image.

  • Hourences
    • October 17, 2006 at 3:07 PM
    • #24

    Same for me. The rain doesnt do it for me. Perhaps if you made it more subtle, less rain.

    The dark blue-er one is cool but I agree that more fire would be nice. More highlights, attention points.

    A thing you could also do is put a car or other vehicle near the front and let its headlights or siren cast a light. Make it shine, be careful not to make it too dull.

  • dissonance
    • October 17, 2006 at 7:44 PM
    • #25
    Quote from Minotauro

    They are vultures

    i was thinking 'they're alive', but now that you mention that, it makes more sense.maybe try one with more of a reddish tint?

  • st0lve
    • October 17, 2006 at 8:24 PM
    • #26

    Do you just add photos and such to the base one? I never understood this shit.

  • Minos
    • October 18, 2006 at 3:03 AM
    • #27
    Quote from st0lve

    Do you just add photos and such to the base one? I never understood this shit.

    Basically yeah.

    http://www.mattepainting.org/index.php? ... ctionid=23

  • Spellbinder
    • October 18, 2006 at 6:01 AM
    • #28

    I like it a lot mino! All of them . Thx for the link i'm gonna browse that through. I want to see it when its ready

  • Minos
    • October 18, 2006 at 12:00 PM
    • #29

    http://www.mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6841

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™