1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Psychonauts available on Steam

  • Thrik
  • October 12, 2006 at 4:34 AM
  • Thrik
    • October 12, 2006 at 4:34 AM
    • #1

    For those who've thought about buying Psychonauts (it's awesome) but haven't, it's available now for $19.95 on Steam. You'll most probably love it if you played any of Tim Schafer's older games such as Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle; he also did much of the dialogue/writing in the first two Monkey Island games. It definitely can't stand up to the amazingness of the likes of Grim Fandango, but it's a great game anyway with a good sense of humour.

    [Blocked Image: http://v2.razputin.net/images/news/valve_thumb.jpg]

    http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php ... AppId=3830

    There is a trailer on the menu. Pity they chose crappy screenshots though since the game actually looks really nice.

  • Fletch
    • October 12, 2006 at 4:58 AM
    • #2

    Meh, I want a new Monkey Island.

  • Thrik
    • October 12, 2006 at 5:35 AM
    • #3

    Can't have everything in life. Not unless you happen to garotte a LucasArts lawyer and steal his identity anyway.

  • Mazy
    • October 12, 2006 at 6:55 AM
    • #4

    Cool, certainly a game that has to be played. Good to see they're trying to get it even more out there ~

  • Izuno
    • October 12, 2006 at 7:58 AM
    • #5
    Quote from Fletch

    Meh, I want a new Monkey Island.

    Funny, I've been doing a massive PC games sales data analysis for one of my clients and have been sifting through just about every PC title since 1994...every time I see "Monkey Island" or "Full Throttle" and such Lucasarts games of old I can't help but to smile.

  • von*ferret
    • October 12, 2006 at 12:51 PM
    • #6

    I like boxes with my games.

  • Polaris
    • October 12, 2006 at 2:45 PM
    • #7

    Really? I always throw them away, they take up too much space. Or are you talking about cases?

  • von*ferret
    • October 12, 2006 at 5:15 PM
    • #8

    the game box, alphabetical on my shelf.

  • dux
    • October 12, 2006 at 5:29 PM
    • #9

    Do you have your name stitched onto your underpants?

    But no I agree. I always loved those hugely oversized colossus boxes that the game cd came in while it only took up a fraction of space within the actual box, the box was still really cool. Plus the smell. The smell of a new game box rocks. Good times.

  • ctswin
    • October 12, 2006 at 6:02 PM
    • #10

    Most game cases these days are awful anyway, the Psychonauts one was, where the hell were the TWO explosions? no wonder it didn't sell.

  • Nysuatro
    • October 12, 2006 at 6:10 PM
    • #11

    They are in the shop for 10 euro :s

  • Thrik
    • October 12, 2006 at 7:07 PM
    • #12

    I think you took that joke a bit too seriously ctswin. ;D

    I agree that having a game case used to be nice, but these days I don't really care either way. I think it's largely because publishers don't put much money into them anymore; manuals are almost always paltry, and all UK games have been in DVD cases for years now. All you're paying for is a DVD, a generic plastic DVD case, and a slip of artwork. Is that really anything to get excited about?

    Plus, whenever I get a console game I have to get it in a case anyway. It's bad enough finding room to put all those, nevermind PC ones too. Downloadable games is a good thing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™