1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

My first model!

  • JacK
  • June 27, 2006 at 10:12 AM
  • JacK
    • June 27, 2006 at 10:12 AM
    • #1

    Hello all.

    I've finally started to learn the art of modeling, hurra! And I've come up with this airport signpost thingy, based on this picture.

    But. I've got a problem. When I texture it, I want it to look as smooth and nice as it looks in my ref. photo, but it looks very un-natural when my crappy WIP texture is applied, and I know, my texture do REALLY suck, but what can I do to make the metal look natural, but smooth and nice?

    Also, here's my UVmap untextured: clicky. Is this a good UVmap?

    JacK

  • Squirrelly
    • June 27, 2006 at 11:28 AM
    • #2

    Could we maybe see a render of the model? Just a suggestion... :wink:

  • JacK
    • June 27, 2006 at 11:47 AM
    • #3

    Render? uh-, Is this what you was thinking of?

    [Blocked Image: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4277/airportsignpost28kt.th.jpg]

    EDIT: W00ps, I forgot to mention that it is supposed to be a prop for CS:S

  • insta
    • June 27, 2006 at 12:29 PM
    • #4

    The modeling looks ok, although there's lots of wasted polys at the base and such. The uv-map is way too large and too spread out (1024x1024), I'm sure you could get it to a 512x512 with no problems.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™