1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Star Wars: Empire at War demo released

  • Thrik
  • January 18, 2006 at 6:20 PM
  • Thrik
    • January 18, 2006 at 6:20 PM
    • #1

    Yes, it's yet another Star Wars game. It's an RTS by Petroglyph though and it does look fairly nice, so I'll be giving it a go once the damned thing downloads. I do love my RTS games.

    There's a list of mirrors being maintained here if anyone's having trouble getting it from the official links. Which is basically GameSpot.

  • Mazy
    • January 18, 2006 at 7:19 PM
    • #2

    Played it a bit, donno I like the idea but it didnt feel as neat as I had hoped it would :G

  • Section_Ei8ht
    • January 18, 2006 at 11:44 PM
    • #3

    I'm looking forward to it, but I'll wait until the retail release is out, so I get the full experience. My god, I can't wait. We need a good Star Wars RTS.

    <3 RTS

  • wacko
    • January 19, 2006 at 9:01 AM
    • #4

    I enjoyed it, as an avid RTS player and someone who has played just about every star wars game to-date( Yes that includes Star Wars: Force Commander) what i liked about Empires at War was that it felt like Star Wars rebellion which I enjoyed a lot. It allows an RTS to have a massive scale and a micro-managment hell which I don't mind. I like the space to ground combat and the idea behind the things in orbit to have an effect on the ground forces. What I did not like about it was the lack of control in respects to what you can build and battles themselves... you could not attack a player more then once at the sametime and once your in the battle your stuck there, which makes me wonder how Multiplayer would work if its realtime.

  • mike-0
    • January 30, 2006 at 2:01 AM
    • #5

    i learned from watching my bro play battlefront 2 that star wars games are gay.

    ps - i think they made the name of that star wars game very similar to battleFIELD 2, so when kids ask for battlefield 2 for xmas their parents bought a shitty star wars game on accident.

  • Skjalg
    • January 30, 2006 at 5:23 AM
    • #6

    lol yeah maybe

    I think the game was kinda crappy, since there was no micro. An RTS without micro should be turn based.

  • wacko
    • January 31, 2006 at 6:16 AM
    • #7

    wtf are you talking about ???? no mirco?? did you even play the thing ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™