1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Need some help ( If possible)

  • JacK
  • January 10, 2006 at 8:18 PM
  • JacK
    • January 10, 2006 at 8:18 PM
    • #1

    Hello all!

    I've taken some pictures of a stonewall I would want to use as a texture, but there is a problem: The picture has a shadow on it. Is there any way to remove that shadow?

    [Blocked Image: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6742/img11846iv.th.jpg]

    JacK,

    Norway

  • cdxx
    • January 11, 2006 at 4:36 AM
    • #2

    that shadow is too dark. I played around with it but lost lots of detail in the shadow areas... I'm no texture artist but at least this was good practice

    probably not very usuable but here it is anyways.

    [Blocked Image: http://sourceprefabs.com/ftp/ForumPost/img11846iv_Rev1.jpg]

  • kleinluka
    • January 11, 2006 at 4:37 AM
    • #3

    dont take source photos of surfaces that have shadows on them. Take pics on a cloudy day to get the best out of them.

    this photo is pretty much useless

  • JacK
    • January 11, 2006 at 1:12 PM
    • #4

    ok, thanks for the help anyways. How did you manage to remove so much of the shadow CDXX?

  • cdxx
    • January 26, 2006 at 8:45 AM
    • #5
    Quote from cdxx

    that shadow is too dark. I played around with it but lost lots of detail in the shadow areas... I'm no texture artist but at least this was good practicenot very usuable but here it is anyways.

    [Blocked Image: http://sourceprefabs.com/ftp/ForumPost/img11846iv_Rev1.jpg]

  • cdxx
    • January 26, 2006 at 8:50 AM
    • #6

    good ol photochop

    i had to equalized the light parts to as close to the shadow part as possible then I fooled around w/ the settings to get the lighting somewhat neutral, gonverted to greyscale. then I burned in some and dodges others. That's mostly where I lost the detail.

    then colored it in again with a screen and manually changed the color on the bricks that are darker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™