1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

The HD Era Begins - 360 Fnazzle

  • Mazy
  • November 22, 2005 at 12:51 PM
  • Mazy
    • November 22, 2005 at 7:57 PM
    • #21
    Quote from ReNo

    Download Geometry Wars Retro Evolved from the Xbox 360 Live arcade - the original minigame from PGR2 was an absolute blast and the videos and review I read of this update make it sound even cooler. It's a panic inducing retro game with crazy particle effects - pure adrenaline pumping fun

    Yup, been hearing alot of good stuff about it. Do you have to pay something to play it or wut?

  • ReNo
    • November 22, 2005 at 7:59 PM
    • #22

    Yeah, it costs 400 marketplace points or something, which equates to about £5 I believe. There is a free demo you can download first though, so check it out and see what you think

  • D3ads
    • November 22, 2005 at 9:44 PM
    • #23

    Not bothered at all really, only thing I'm interested in is the enhanced version of Quake II that comes with Quake 4...

  • Tequila
    • November 22, 2005 at 9:52 PM
    • #24
    Quote from D3ads

    Not bothered at all really, only thing I'm interested in is the enhanced version of Quake II that comes with Quake 4...

    Yeah. Co-op 4-player Q2 over Live is... special.

    I was originally going to get one on Dec. 2nd, but now it's just not feasible/I can wait.

    It is a must-buy though, for PGR3 alone.

  • FrieChamp
    • November 23, 2005 at 8:35 AM
    • #25

    Funnily enough the only games which caught my interest and make a 360 purchase to me still possible in the near future are "tony hawk's american wasteland" and "need for speed - most wanted".

    I'm not kidding, the Tony Hawk series were some of the most fun games for the Playstation and since I've never had a PS or PS2 or any other console one of these games was on (I only played THPS2 on my PC with a controller or at friends places).

    I also missed out on all the recent NFS games, although to me "NFS3 - Hot Pursuit "still is one of the best arcade racing games ever made. And now that the "fast-and-the-pimp-my-ride" underground is gone and the cops are back, it might be fun.

    I really consider myself as a casual, occasional gamer when it comes to consoles nowadays, I rather play complex, immersive games on the PC. Oh, and especially FPS, because of the controls and I'm a little fed up with FPS after FEAR and Q4.

  • Kosmo
    • November 23, 2005 at 9:08 AM
    • #26

    The way game industry is right now, the only console I'm going to buy from the new ones is going to be the Revolution. All other games are multiplatformers so I can buy them for my PC regardless.

    And the only games that actually differ from PC games are Revolution games, thanks to their licences and the new controller. Why would I want to buy a console and play the same games I do with PC?

  • JynxDaddy
    • November 23, 2005 at 10:12 AM
    • #27

    As a once strong Nintendo Fanboy I'm surprised by the amount of Revolution support. When I'm still having my doubts whether I want to sit in my living room waving my arms about like an idiot trying to play a game.

    I know one person with a HDTV, most people will have to play it on a computer monitor to get the goodness, and thats getting way to close to a PC for me.

  • Kosmo
    • November 23, 2005 at 10:21 AM
    • #28
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    As a once strong Nintendo Fanboy I'm surprised by the amount of Revolution support. When I'm still having my doubts whether I want to sit in my living room waving my arms about like an idiot trying to play a game.

    And I'm suprised about the amount of rant I have heard from people regarding the Revolution controller.

    But Revolution actually is the answer to my prayers, I have always hated the FPS and RTS games on consoles, pads are just the worst way to control those games, they were designed for Mouse&Keyboard in mind and adding them to the consoles makes them literally PCs (especially if you use it on a PC monitor.) Revolution controller fixes this, the most intuitive controller for many game genres.

    But then again, I really hope that Nintendo does the pad extension well because even as intuitive as the Revolution controller is, it's close to the worst controller for fighting games I can imagine. So it's a double edged sword.

  • JynxDaddy
    • November 23, 2005 at 1:31 PM
    • #29
    Quote from Kosmo

    So it's a double edged sword.

    But you control that sword is a completely innovative way!

  • Kosmo
    • November 23, 2005 at 3:53 PM
    • #30
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    But you control that sword is a completely innovative way!

    I almost said that myself, but I didn't want to confuse people of the sword

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™