1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Favourite Half-Life Single-player MOD?

  • D3ads
  • October 12, 2005 at 4:19 PM
  • D3ads
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:19 PM
    • #1

    Favourite HL-SP MOD 0

    1. Heart Of Evil (0) 0%
    2. Poke 646 (0) 0%
    3. They Hunger (0) 0%
    4. Other (Please post details) (0) 0%

    Following on from the They Hunger thread...

    Add your own if it's not on the poll, My memory is being seriously tested with this...

    I'm going with Heart Of Evil, I love Foolish Mortal's humour

  • ⌐■_■
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:42 PM
    • #2

    4 mods. WTF?

    Add:

    Case Closed

    Chemical Existence

    ETC

    USS Darkstar

    Point of view

    Todesangst 1 + 2

    ***

    I say:

    1. They Hunger ftw

    2. USS Darkstar

    3. Chemical Existence (though not sure...)

  • D3ads
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:51 PM
    • #3

    Like I said, bad memory, mods need to edit the poll now as I can't

    Anyway:

    Quote

    Case Closed - Shit Chemical Existence - Shit

    ETC - Classic

    USS Darkstar - Great

    Point of view - Loved this one

    Todesangst 1 + 2 - Shit

  • von*ferret
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:55 PM
    • #4

    cause our mods visit the boards on a regular basis :roll:

  • Grinwhrl
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:59 PM
    • #5

    1. They Hunger

  • Grinwhrl
    • October 12, 2005 at 5:01 PM
    • #6

    never heard of that lol

  • D3ads
    • October 12, 2005 at 5:03 PM
    • #7
    Quote from von*ferret

    cause our mods visit the boards on a regular basis :roll:

    Well I can't do anything...

    Quote from Pericolos0

    azure sheep

    Hated that, POV is so much better...

  • D3ads
    • October 12, 2005 at 5:06 PM
    • #8

  • st0lve
    • October 12, 2005 at 5:27 PM
    • #9

    I played that mod, but it didn't really work for me.

    On that list, its Poke646, not doubt about it.

    But I liked DaveJs ETC series due the classic Black Mesa flashbacks (cause I played it waaay after I finished HL)..

  • Sven_E
    • October 12, 2005 at 5:27 PM
    • #10

    Poke 646 all teh way! I love that mod...

  • Captain P
    • October 12, 2005 at 5:33 PM
    • #11

    Ah, yes, I liked POV. Better than Azure Sheep.

    I liked Poke646 too. They Hunger was awfull, Case Closed wasn't too good either. Besides those, I've played quite some mods, most being between rubbish and mediocre. Can't remember a lot anymore though.

    What I really wanted to play was DarkTruth, and now Nightwatch. I still concider those as what was to be the top notch of HL mods.

  • insta
    • October 12, 2005 at 5:37 PM
    • #12

    Poke646 is the best quality singleplayer mod I've played for HL1. ETC was pretty fun, but the visuals weren't that hot. I didn't get to play through ETC2 because of a scripting-bug, but from what I saw it was much better than the first.

  • Grinwhrl
    • October 12, 2005 at 6:07 PM
    • #13

    rofl

  • Phatsniper
    • October 12, 2005 at 6:08 PM
    • #14

    I never got to play through Poke 646 properly, I was an alpha and beta tester so I played the levels in weird orders and several times in a row. I still had great fun though and the art was fantastic.

    Out of the rest I'd say ETC and USS Darkstar are proberly the most memorable.

  • Nazul
    • October 12, 2005 at 6:20 PM
    • #15

    never finished hl1 sp or any of it's mods

  • Tequila
    • October 12, 2005 at 6:21 PM
    • #16

    USS Darkstar.

    They Hunger was utterly fantastic, but I cried with joy at seeing what Neil Manke could create with the standard HL texture set - something as far away from Black Mesa as possible, yet emminently convincing.

  • Section_Ei8ht
    • October 12, 2005 at 6:50 PM
    • #17

    USS Darkstar. Damn that monkey!

  • MJ
    • October 12, 2005 at 9:47 PM
    • #18

    nightwatch

    oh wait...

  • von*ferret
    • October 12, 2005 at 9:49 PM
    • #19

    lol @ mj

  • -Stratesiz-
    • October 12, 2005 at 9:51 PM
    • #20

    ~~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™