1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Why lock topics. It's just NOT FUNNY sometimes - Ewok

  • Ewok
  • March 18, 2004 at 9:44 PM
  • Ewok
    • March 18, 2004 at 9:44 PM
    • #1

    Recently I glanced the mapcore forums once again. Since I hadn't done so in a while. Then I saw the Gay Marriages topic and my mouth started to water. Then I proceeded to click on the topic and prepared to post my reply. Then I saw 6 pages of replies and guessed what the debate had become about. So instead of just inserting something I decided to read all entire 6 pages (took awhile) so as to equip myself to say something relevant to the matter at hand. As I get to page six, Mojo locks it. I nearly died. That's just not funny. I really wanted to have my say, but out of respect for him as moderator I won't.

    It just sucks.

    This topic was written twice as upon posting something went wrong. It took a while to wright out the fricken' first time. Something doesn't want be to post. It's not my day, someone throw me a coke.

    - Ewok

  • John Kerry
    Guest
    • March 18, 2004 at 10:47 PM
    • #2

    the topic had gotten off topic... and mojo cant lock topics in off-topic.. just mazy chips and me.. but mojo did however ask me to lock it so i did...

    and btw.. i deleted your double post

  • RD
    • March 18, 2004 at 10:49 PM
    • #3

    we cant go offtopic in offtopic now can we!!!!!!!!

  • mikezilla
    • March 18, 2004 at 11:03 PM
    • #4

    well when you have a forum of your own you can make the rules.

  • Fletch
    • March 19, 2004 at 12:05 AM
    • #5

    mdoerator

    n.

    One that arbitrates or mediates

  • Mojo
    • March 19, 2004 at 6:52 AM
    • #6

    as Urban said, it had just gotten WAY off topic and turned towards people bickering and whining and shit like that (this also happened in one of RDs threads too).

    The point of a moderator is to keep things moderated - under control. When things get out of control, the moderators should step in.

  • Ewok
    • March 23, 2004 at 6:04 PM
    • #7

    Mojo to the rescue!!!

    - Ewok

  • Mazy
    • March 24, 2004 at 8:33 AM
    • #8

    we should have a forum section with off topic off topic topics

    ....off topic

  • mawibse
    • March 24, 2004 at 9:09 AM
    • #9

    Naaahh, Mojo would lock all the threads for going... WAY off topic. :wink:

    I mean who knows where bickering and whining might lead to?

  • FrieChamp
    • March 24, 2004 at 1:11 PM
    • #10

    Could someone please lock this topic, it has gone way too off-topic by now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™