1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Second release - 5 skies.

  • Hipshot
  • August 27, 2005 at 7:39 AM
  • Mazy
    • August 28, 2005 at 1:02 AM
    • #21

    beautiful

  • JynxDaddy
    • August 28, 2005 at 3:53 AM
    • #22

    How are you making these so good.

  • ReNo
    • August 28, 2005 at 3:54 AM
    • #23

    Interstellar recives my upmost love. Awesome!

  • Lee3dee
    • August 28, 2005 at 4:02 AM
    • #24

    holy #$%^ thats awesome, could I use that on my space level, full credit will be given

  • Marcos
    • August 28, 2005 at 10:49 AM
    • #25

    Wow! That's some really kickass skies! The last one makes me wanna do a NS Source map

  • KIIIA
    • August 28, 2005 at 12:15 PM
    • #26

    Looks very detailed and well balanced from the colors. Did you make it with Terragen , or which prog did you use?

  • skdr
    • August 28, 2005 at 12:19 PM
    • #27
    Quote

    Core in Terragen, the rest in Photoshop, using photos of skies that I've taken and also found on the web.

  • Taylor Swift
    • August 28, 2005 at 3:20 PM
    • #28

    The sky is so freakin Nice! well done hipshot

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • August 28, 2005 at 4:02 PM
    • #29

    Hmm. All look great, but I don't think the small bit o' earth in interstellar works that well... everything else is so grandiose, but that just feels kinda tacked on.

    Great work, though, I might have to use that orange one for the sky in my little eclipse partial remake project.

  • Hipshot
    • August 28, 2005 at 4:06 PM
    • #30
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Hmm. All look great, but I don't think the small bit o' earth in interstellar works that well... everything else is so grandiose, but that just feels kinda tacked on.Great work, though, I might have to use that orange one for the sky in my little eclipse partial remake project.

    I don't like that either, a friend told me to put it there, but I have been thinking of removing it since. It feels misplaced and also the surface is bad on the earth, not clean enough. I'll probably remove that later this evening.

  • Hipshot
    • August 28, 2005 at 4:31 PM
    • #31

    Btw, does anyone have a 'request' or some ideas? I might do them. I'm planing to make 10 or 9 skies before I stop, I've already made a 6th. Its a pretty simple starsky with a moon and some smaler clouds in the horizon, I just need to come up with a good name. Also planing on making another spacesky like the interstellar, cause that really looks cool.

    Edit: Fuck I happend to delete the new clean star sky, heh, I'm an idiot sometimes... damn now I know why I would be discarded as a MTG card...

  • Kamikazi!
    • August 28, 2005 at 5:32 PM
    • #32

    Volcano!

  • Hipshot
    • August 28, 2005 at 5:44 PM
    • #33

    Good idea, I'll see if thats possible, I don't know how good it would look with a static wolcano though, many games supports portal skies these days. But I'll try, its fun making these even though its very time consuming, I don't do anything else, haven't been with friends or out for a while now

    Actually I'm a bit against structures and ground in skies for that reason...

  • Kamikazi!
    • August 28, 2005 at 5:52 PM
    • #34

    If the volcano was not like 2/3rd of the sky section, it might look ok. Maybe a few small volcanos in the very far distance.

  • von*ferret
    • August 30, 2005 at 7:32 AM
    • #35

    volcano's with animated decals over them, that would be sweet. Just to add live and vibrance to the sk=ies.

    you paint those or photo work?

  • Hipshot
    • August 30, 2005 at 9:08 AM
    • #36

    Yea, needs to be animated somehow. Don't have time for more skies right now though, not for a week atleast...

    Photos, from around the net and my own.

  • OrnateBaboon
    • August 30, 2005 at 11:49 AM
    • #37

    One thing I would like to request is a small tutorial about how you have made these look so impressive! I know how to use terragen, but these skies are truly inspiring. I am thinking about all kinds of ideas for maps, based on these alone.

    Great job

  • Belgarion
    • August 30, 2005 at 9:21 PM
    • #38

    These are all really fantastic. I'm glad we've got a quality set of custom skies now. very refreshing. miramar and interstelar are best. ^_~

  • patriot
    • August 31, 2005 at 9:08 AM
    • #39

    Very nice work!

  • Hipshot
    • August 31, 2005 at 9:59 AM
    • #40

    SOURCE versions by Slackiller, thanks alot.

    http://www.slackiller.com/downloads/sky_grimmnight.zip

    http://www.slackiller.com/downloads/sky_miramar.zip

    http://www.slackiller.com/downloads/sky_stormydays.zip

    http://www.slackiller.com/downloads/sky_violentdays.zip

    http://www.slackiller.com/downloads/sky ... tellar.zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™