1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Quest Designer Looking For Feedback

  • dongludi
  • April 11, 2019 at 1:23 PM
  • dongludi
    • April 11, 2019 at 1:23 PM
    • #1

    Hi there!

    I'm Ludi Dong, a recent graduate with a focus on quest design. I was the lead designer for a shipped title and had built several Fallout 4 Mods in Creation Kit focusing on quest design. This is the link to my portfolio website: http://www.ludidong.com

    Please give me feedback and criticism! Thank you!

    Below are two screenshots of my work. The one on the left was the work I did in June 2018, and the one on the right belongs to the work I did in March 2018.

  • JollyHolly
    • June 2, 2019 at 12:41 PM
    • #2

    I am not sure how important this feedback is ( I should add that i am not in the industry yet),

    First of all, I to think you have a nice style, and its easy to look at when it comes to color. I also like that each project has its own "box" nearly separated.

    However i do have a hard time figuring out where to look, there is a lot of things that want my attention, and my eyes does not know where to focus first. Its a bit information overload i think, and no wonder, a lot of the information is presented several times. Why show the projects on the front page, and at the same time have the option to show them under the "horizontal" bar on the top of the page? It just seems more complicated than it needs to be.

    I Would recommend keeping the Project links on the home page (super important, the best part of your portfolio) However removing "individual projects and Team projects from the horizontal bar , and instead move them down to the Home page instead.This will remove a lot of the information overload, and things will become more clearer. (Check my portfolio if you do not understand what i mean)

    Also, rename Individual projects to personal projects. IMO.

    There is also nothing that make me understand at a quick glance that you actually want to be a quest designer. I do know that it says quest designer at the top, but not really how it relates to your projects. This might also contribute to the "overload" feeling i might have. I just don't know what is relevant.

    I would make it more clear that you did Mission/Quest design at the projects by adding your role to the picture of each project, or as a part of the "greybox" which hold the name of the projects. Simply say (quest designer + level designer etc)

    That's it for now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™