1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

New XBox 360 screens?

  • marque_pierre
  • April 25, 2005 at 6:04 PM
  • FrieChamp
    • May 2, 2005 at 7:57 AM
    • #41

    Yes Microsoft is on top of my list with the X-Box 2, but who knows what Sony and Nintendo got cooking...

  • Lee3dee
    • May 2, 2005 at 4:02 PM
    • #42
    Quote from ReNo

    I really enjoyed it personally. I don't get why people make it out to be "so bad" when even if it wasn't to your taste, claiming it sucks is just bullshit.

    I never said halo2 was "so bad" . Halo 2 had me addicted for 2 weeks straight, everything about the game was extremely engaging, then it ended abruptly, where as other games, you finish them and you know there's a sequel coming, bungine opted for getting you prepared for battle and the "to be continued" mad me sad, sniff sniff

  • Tequila
    • May 2, 2005 at 4:42 PM
    • #43

    Seriously, just give me Project Gotham 3 and Live at launch and I'll be the happiest man alive.

    Race on!

  • ReNo
    • May 2, 2005 at 6:05 PM
    • #44

    I was referring to ctswin's post actually Lee, I do agree the ending was abrupt Not that the game was too short or anything, just didnt seem like an end point.

    Tequila, you're a man after my own heart I haven't played PGR2 online in quite a while, but its the best thing about Live.

  • Izuno
    • May 2, 2005 at 7:52 PM
    • #45
    Quote from Tequila

    Seriously, just give me Project Gotham 3 and Live at launch and I'll be the happiest man alive.Race on!

    Since MS will officially announce the 1st party launch lineup at E3 you won't have to wait much longer to find out.

    That said, every major console launch in recent history has had a big time racing game. For the Xbox it was the original PGR. I would bet that MS will have a kick ass racing game for the 360 launch, the question is, will it be PGR3 or a new franchise? Given PGR is to MS Xbox as GT is to PS1/2, my money is on PGR3, but than again most industry wags, pundits and analysts would predict that as well.

    So the real question is, will you buy an HD TV if you don't already have one?

  • Lurker
    • May 2, 2005 at 8:05 PM
    • #46

    I already have one, so I'm bloody giddy over Xbox2. Microsoft really seems to have their act together, and as much as I love to hate them, they do do certain things very well, consoles seems to be one of them.

  • Izuno
    • May 2, 2005 at 8:11 PM
    • #47
    Quote from Lurker

    I already have one, so I'm bloody giddy over Xbox2. Microsoft really seems to have their act together, and as much as I love to hate them, they do do certain things very well, consoles seems to be one of them.

    Remember, Microsoft has a history of improving their products with each generation. The original Windows 1.0 was garbage. 2.0 was semi usable. 3.x was about as good as they could do for 16 bit computing.

    Windows 95 (first attempt at 32 bit OS) was better than Win 3.1 but still shitty.

    Windows 98 (second attempt at 32 bit OS) was way better.

    Windows XP (thrid attempt at 32 bit OS) blows away 95/98 despite its flaws.

    Anyway, I am grossly simplifying this, but everyone who follows MS knows they have this pattern that their 3rd generation of each product seems to be the best.

  • marque_pierre
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:23 AM
    • #48

    XBox controller shot for those interested...

    http://%7boption%7d

  • ReNo
    • May 6, 2005 at 10:18 AM
    • #49

    LOL, wtf is that? I'm gonna assume thats a horrendous fake, given that the Xbox360 controllers are meant to be wireless.

  • marque_pierre
    • May 6, 2005 at 4:15 PM
    • #50

    Considering the first XBox dev kit controller was white, this could be a new devkit controller for 360.

  • Izuno
    • May 6, 2005 at 4:39 PM
    • #51
    Quote from ReNo

    LOL, wtf is that? I'm gonna assume thats a horrendous fake, given that the Xbox360 controllers are meant to be wireless.

    That looks exactly like what they showed us. Oh...assume they are wireless. Ever think how the batteries in the controller would recharge and let you play at the time while recharging? They would need some kind of optional wire to plug the controller into the console. Man...what were they thinking?

  • mikezilla
    • May 6, 2005 at 5:02 PM
    • #52

    thats the real one

  • ReNo
    • May 6, 2005 at 5:10 PM
    • #53

    Oh man, it looks really quite hideous Maybe its just the picture I guess, but.....bleh

  • skdr
    • May 6, 2005 at 5:25 PM
    • #54

    Wow looks kinda crap

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • May 6, 2005 at 6:49 PM
    • #55
    Quote from ReNo

    Oh man, it looks really quite hideous Maybe its just the picture I guess, but.....bleh

    Compare the finish on that with the finish on the whiter renders, then compare that to the color of the more photographic sources of the console itself. I imagine the finished version would have a similar finish.

    Looks like a nice mix of the S controller (plus some repositioning) and the platinum wavebird; not much better a combination out there if you ask me!

  • FrieChamp
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:16 PM
    • #56

    Not much innovation on this side

  • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:17 PM
    • #57

    That controller looks horrible.

  • kleinluka
    • May 6, 2005 at 10:31 PM
    • #58

    man youre all so negative.. as long as its good to handle.. who cares.

  • Izuno
    • May 7, 2005 at 7:08 AM
    • #59
    Quote from kleinluka

    man youre all so negative.. as long as its good to handle.. who cares.

    zing!!!

  • GrayFox
    • May 7, 2005 at 8:01 AM
    • #60
    Quote from kleinluka

    man youre all so negative.. as long as its good to handle.. who cares.

    I agree, but it does look like crap

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 3 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™