1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Students and Beginners

[Unreal Tournament][WiP] Facility #17

  • Jdbener
  • June 26, 2017 at 12:19 AM
  • Jdbener
    • June 26, 2017 at 12:19 AM
    • #1

    Hello, MapCore!

    Honestly, I'm not sure if I should be posting this in 3D or if I should be posting this here. But... since I apparently can't create new topics in the 3D forum, I guess it's going here. Anyways... I figured I might as well start off this post with the design for this project.

    1. Learn Unreal Engine 4
    2. Make pretty map
    3. LAVA PIT
    4. ???
    5. Trains
    6. Profit

    Facility #17 was inspired by the maps Facing Worlds and Outpost 23. I wanted to make a floating island map with a sort of run-down industrial complex inside. The best thing I could think of was a mining facility. As the idea progressed it became a facility which extracted resources from the magma pit at the bottom of the island. However, once extraction profits couldn't outpace expenses the Liandri Mining Corporation repurposed the facility into one of their Tournament Arenas.

    Extremely compelling designs I know. Anyways after months (about a week) of slaving away (it was more of a free time project really) in the Unreal Tournament Editor, I have the first playable version of Facility #17. And much to my surprise it was rather fun to dominate (get dominated by) bots with. It has a lot of bugs, inconsistencies, and incompleteities (100% real word); the biggest of which are the moving platforms over the lava pit not actually moving. Anyways I'm sure there are plenty of things which aren't balanced properly and I plan to fix those in future revisions.

    Thanks for taking a look at my new baby and thank you in advance for any feedback on how to make it better.

    Outside view of the Facility:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/1QoIVwy.png]

    Lava Pit:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/oA6ecNf.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/cco1cIY.png]

    Central Hall:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UZArKRK.png]

    Tunnel:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hxWAiWo.png]


    Download: https://redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/jdbe…owsNoEditor.pak

    Spoiler MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Facility17 RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Facility17-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/jdbenera199/DM-Facility17-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="fc369e63bf84846ff00875c9ffb52f92")

    Also, I apologize for my bad humor. I also apologize for the enforcer and hud, I don't have a firm grasp on UT's console commands yet.

  • Jdbener
    • July 3, 2017 at 6:00 AM
    • #2

    Youtube video showing the gameplay of Alpha Version 1:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • maxlevelboi
    • July 3, 2017 at 9:25 AM
    • #3

    Ahoy!

    I would like to see a top down of your level : )

  • Jdbener
    • July 3, 2017 at 7:25 PM
    • #4

    Here you go!

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/oMAuPVZ.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Zes8DxZ.jpg]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™