1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Students and Beginners

I'm new and need help

  • GlacialBeast
  • February 5, 2017 at 4:13 AM
  • GlacialBeast
    • February 5, 2017 at 4:13 AM
    • #1

    I have recently thrown together my first map, it is a 1v1 map which I also made so that it can be played as a demolition map. When I try to run the map in game it says the map file is not found and then will allow me to fly around the map before crashing soon after. Does anybody know the solution to this problem, if so please message me.

  • FMPONE
    • February 5, 2017 at 4:42 AM
    • #2

    I believe you need to raise your player spawn entities in the level maybe 8-16 units.

  • GlacialBeast
    • February 5, 2017 at 5:27 AM
    • #3

    I did that at first so I have 16 units below each spawn entity on each side currently, the only problems I can think of are that I used de_train/train_metalgrate01 as a floor texture which might not work with nav meshes, or that i set up my buy zone entity wrong

  • taz-ed
    • February 5, 2017 at 9:23 AM
    • #4

    it could be you have a leak using train_metalgrate01 as a floor texture, with the transparent parts allowing a view to the void post your compile log :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™