1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Re-compiling valve maps

  • zombi
  • August 15, 2016 at 10:29 PM
  • zombi
    • August 15, 2016 at 10:29 PM
    • #1

    Hey mapcore. I have some problems with re-compiling valve maps(Cobble, Dust, Cache - I know it's fmpone map, but still official map on tournaments etc.).

    In CSGO SDK:

    So, when I decompiled Cache to .vmf and after some changes compiled to .bsp everything was works. But in game I didn't see all of the blocks that have been marked as "func_detail" in hammer. In the game, these walls didn't exist. I was trying to deselected from this function but still this didn't work.

    Spoiler How it looks in game(black props and bad lighting is my fault, but it doesn't change anything, because I fix this in other file and wall still didn't exist)

    In Source Filmmaker - Launch SDK:

    Next thing is Filmmaker. I want make small change on Cache for my friend(this change is simply remove of a single door model), who will be use this map in Filmmaker. But when I trying compiling map(step by step as in this guide - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=592178213) after these change I have errors and it's stop compiling.

    Spoiler There is full log file: http://www.speedyshare.com/jdzJV/cache-example-filmmaker.log

    It's stop there:


    I hope I don't forget about anything but if someone need any information to help me, just write. Thx for you'r time. Peace out!

  • zombi
    • August 20, 2016 at 3:33 PM
    • #2

    I think it's fix. If you want work, and make some changes on valve maps, you just need to download the map from workshop, then everything should be fine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™