1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Win10 users: any compatability issues with source tools?

  • grapen
  • October 7, 2015 at 7:35 PM
  • grapen
    • October 7, 2015 at 7:35 PM
    • #1

    So the upgrade notification has been in my face for too long now. Before I go ahead and click it I figured I'd check in to see if anyone has had any compatability issues with our source "essentials" after upgrading? I'm thinking of vtfedit, gfscape, crafty, pakrat etc. I know that win10 uses the same architecture as 7 and 8, so it should be fine, but I figured I'd be better off safe than sorry :-).

    Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

  • Epic
    • October 7, 2015 at 7:43 PM
    • #2

    I have not ran into any issues with Windows 10 and source tools. But i only really use Counterstrike/halflife tools

  • jackophant
    • October 7, 2015 at 7:51 PM
    • #3

    I've not had any issues. The only problem I have had was an upgrade glitch where the "settings app" fails to install.

    But after upgrading I did a fresh installation anyway. After the upgrade Win10 remember your computer so you can reinstall without having to reenter your key!

  • grapen
    • October 7, 2015 at 7:57 PM
    • #4

    Awesome, thanks guys!

  • leplubodeslapin
    • October 7, 2015 at 7:59 PM
    • #5

    The only software issue i've heard of from Windows 10 is with Catia, sadly it's the main 3D tool i use for mechanical stuff (unrelated to 3D modeling, game leveldesign/modding).

    It's all good for the softwares you're talking about :)

  • Pivac
    • October 7, 2015 at 8:47 PM
    • #6

    Everything working perfectly since I installed Win10

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™