1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

de_Tastyfuel (night map)

  • Infarlock
  • August 9, 2015 at 12:36 PM
  • Infarlock
    • August 9, 2015 at 12:36 PM
    • #1

    Hey you guys I am new to mapcore.

    I've worked on the map for around a year and a half and since this is my very first map I always had to change stuff when I learned something new about the engine like at first I always used overlays until I discovered decals, so I switched many stuff to decals.

    Storyline:
    Over the past month a local gang were sending threatening messages to the local gas station and the Chinese restaurant saying they will destroy the entire area, cause chaos and take revenge on the Chinese restaurant after the manager stole a gang member's MAC-10 from his car.

    Workshop link:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=496354268


    Have fun!

  • laminutederire
    • August 9, 2015 at 12:47 PM
    • #2

    I find the environment very noisy, it makes it a bit hard to find angles where you could be shot from.

    Overall, there is some work which has been done, no denying that. You could try and rework lighting ou rework details to make more clear the basic shape of your level. Hope this helps!

  • Infarlock
    • August 9, 2015 at 1:04 PM
    • #3
    Quote from laminutederire

    I find the environment very noisy, it makes it a bit hard to find angles where you could be shot from.

    Overall, there is some work which has been done, no denying that. You could try and rework lighting ou rework details to make more clear the basic shape of your level. Hope this helps!

    Thanks for the feedback!

    I might change the soundscape for the CT spawn+B bombsite area if it is too noisy as they're using the same soundscape, I thought adding this outside will give the player the feeling of him being in a large city with a lot of noise, cars and other things, maybe I'll just make it quieter.

  • laminutederire
    • August 9, 2015 at 1:29 PM
    • #4
    Quote from Infarlock

    Thanks for the feedback!

    I might change the soundscape for the CT spawn+B bombsite area if it is too noisy as they're using the same soundscape, I thought adding this outside will give the player the feeling of him being in a large city with a lot of noise, cars and other things, maybe I'll just make it quieter.

    I meant noisy as in visually noisy, there are a lot of details everywhere and the basic shape of the level isn't very clear visually. i had trouble knowing where to look :)

    the sound is fine inmy opinion!

    I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't very clear

  • Infarlock
    • August 9, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    • #5

    Hey guys a server was just opened for the map, unfortunately at the end of the map there's a vote which forces the server to put another map, that will be removed later, but for now it's de_Tastyfuel!

    Thanks to |WM|Zugi!
    The mode is set to casual.
    176.57.129.81:27045

    128tick ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™