1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[WIP] Storehouse

  • paddymazz
  • June 9, 2015 at 5:53 AM
  • paddymazz
    • June 9, 2015 at 5:53 AM
    • #1

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3Pdvq2U.jpg]

    Introduction

    Hi everyone. Here is a recent map of mine called 'Storehouse' - a close quarters arms race / bomb defusal map.

    Terrorists are attempting to destroy evidence of a secret offshore stash and nuclear chemical supply before the Counter-Terrorists seize it.


    Workshop Link

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=410076632


    Radar / Overview

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/C1eu4pU.jpg]

    Click image to view enlarged version


    Screenshots

    Quote

    CT Spawn

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/gIsuvEp.jpg]

    CT Roof Access / Outside A

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/uoq7aYG.jpg]

    Bombsite A

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BIEDafK.jpg]

    Lobby

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/w86twO8.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/QBxstRm.jpg]

    Side Alley

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WqAIDxf.jpg]

    T Main

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DbJZS6S.jpg]

    T Spawn

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/tOLFuxw.jpg]

    Roof

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/b2Wi5CV.jpg]

    Backyard

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/mXF6Moo.jpg]

    Bombsite B

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DqgwHJo.jpg]

    Main Warehouse

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/MlE6iux.jpg]

    Reception (Front Room)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DHPLzzr.jpg]

    Display More


    Notes[/b]

    Storehouse was originally designed and intended for the Arms Race game mode. I set out to create a fast paced map allowing the combination of immediate action as well as progressive strategy. During initial 'invite' playtesting, Storehouse became apparently fun when doubled up as a defusal map, particularity as it provided a mix of fast yet intense bomb site rotations.

    I greatly welcome and encourage any feedback which can better the map's overall experience.

  • jackophant
    • July 28, 2015 at 3:18 PM
    • #2

    Wow, I don't know how I missed this one!

    Kudos on the way you've actually presented the map, refreshing not having to dig around a badly maintained steam workshop.

    I have nothing to say! (at least not without running around it myself)

    Has this been playtested yet? Or entered into a previous cevo competition or something?

  • laminutederire
    • July 28, 2015 at 5:40 PM
    • #3

    Awww I remember playing that one :) was fun ! A bit cramped though, you easy felt trapped inside.

  • Thewhaleman
    • July 28, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    • #4

    I'm with jackophant, your map got buried, and I too missed it.

    The map is very small, but I like it for that reason, the pace of the map is for sure very fast. However maybe think about starting with some doors open, and giving ct/t the option to close them during the round. Could make for some interesting tactics. All the closed doors just seem annoying to open is all, and slows down game play. Visually it's solid, you've nailed the theme and it the enemy is always very visible. There are a few areas where props might be an issue with gun fights, but I nothing big.

    There are a few places you can throw the bomb and not retrieve it, I suggest running around your map with r_drawclipbrushes 2 command and fixing some obvious ones.

    Good luck :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™