1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

CS:GO, Hammer, or hopefully 3dsMax?

  • V3XED
  • February 5, 2015 at 7:53 AM
  • V3XED
    • February 5, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • #1

    Hey Mapcore,

    I am hoping you can help me out. I have allot of ideas for cs:go maps I want to test out. But my experience with modeling is tough to translate to Hammer. Are there any ways to model a map outside the editor and bring it in later or in parts?

    I have started to look through the awesome sticky's of resources. Though I am having trouble pinning down anything particularly direct on the topic.

    Thanks everyone!

  • Vaya
    • February 5, 2015 at 10:23 AM
    • #2

    read up on wallworm - http://www.wallworm.com/projects/utili…-to-the-Max.pdf


    Might be exactly what you're looking for

  • oxygencube
    • February 5, 2015 at 6:36 PM
    • #3
    Quote from Vaya

    read up on wallworm - http://www.wallworm.com/projects/utili…-to-the-Max.pdf


    Might be exactly what you're looking for


    Woah! Is there anything like this for Maya?

  • Vaya
    • February 5, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    • #4

    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Maya


    Google mate

  • kikette
    • February 6, 2015 at 8:09 AM
    • #5

    Honestly, since what I experienced with Wallworm and Maya plugins (Mesa, wich is ironicaly a big mess to use), I really prefer to modelize in Maya and export my stuff in 3dsMax to be able to use Wallworm =)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™