1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

CS:GO de_untitled

  • Pucho
  • December 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • Pucho
    • December 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM
    • #1

    My first post on this forum!


    I'm working on my first ever map, a classic defuse 5v5 for csgo. I'm focusing on layout only at this stage, and haven't even started looking at cover across the board.


    I was wondering if you have any feedback for whats there and/or suggestions for cover and such.


    One thing I'll point out, is that mid looks deceivingly flat in the overview (orthogonal views tend to do that ) There is a good amount of verticality there and some sightline blocks to narrow end-to-end view and make for some interesting gameplay. Screenshots in the workshop page show what mid looks like from either end.


    Thanks in advance!


    Here's the workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=347212713

  • El_Exodus
    • December 4, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    • #2

    -Entries at A look way too straight and narrow. The site might be a pain in the ass to take as T.

    -It looks like CTs are always able to spot if Ts are going to B or not. This is gamebreaking. I might be wrong, but you want to change this maybe.


    (Feedback just based on radar btw)

  • Pucho
    • December 5, 2014 at 2:13 PM
    • #3

    I might make the entries to A a little bit more convoluted to add interesting gameplay. I'm not sure if it'll make much sense in 3D though (in the radar it looks kind of silly, but in real-space it's a lot less 'blah'.


    I did shorten the path from CT to A and lengthened T to A. Also, per your feedback, I tweaked (and added) visual blocks so T's can get to B undetected.


    Thanks so much for the feedback!


    EDIT: I didnt get around to taking a new screenshot, but I'll post one soon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™