1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Slayer Designs - Level Designer

  • S1ayer450
  • May 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM
  • S1ayer450
    • May 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    • #1

    Hello,

    My name is Ashton Jensen, I live around in Ontario, Canada. I've been working on level design for around 4 years. I'm looking for any type of commercial, freelance, or collaboration work, as long its 3D development under Cryengine SDK, Unity3d, and UDK.

    Interested in the pictures below? Here's my portfolio:

    http://slayerdesigns.allyou.net


    Want more infomation about me? Email me on:

    [email protected]


    [Blocked Image: https://media.allyou.net/25067/images/2594893/Dead_Swamp_6.jpg.500x5000_q90.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://media.allyou.net/25067/images/2588721/563824_10151510807977808_1324752375_n.jpg.500x5000_q90.jpg]

  • Fuzyhead
    • May 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • #2

    Looks solid, but I can not find any layout process, planning or similar. Since you are a level designer I would clearly like to see something like this if I would like to hire you (gameplay thoughts, you know?). In addition everything seems quite... Usually. There is no special area or environment you tried you create, just the common CryEngine forest/swamp scene. Maybe you should pick a special artwork and try to focus on a smaller scene and make it as detailed as possible instead of creating an entire landscape with less amount of details.
    I would also get rid of the entire concept art section.


    Last but not least you should consider to change your header - Slayer Designs? Sounds more like you would like to go into the modding scene, better use your real name or something similar as a header.

  • PaulH
    • May 12, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    • #3

    You should really try to correct your written English, especially in the 'About' section of the portfolio, it comes across as quite unprofessional otherwise. Not sure if English is your first language (though it says you grew up in Canada), but yeah, I'd get on that first

  • S1ayer450
    • May 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    • #4

    Thank you guys for your honest feedbacks about the portfolio. I've took the time early in the morning to take your feedbacks, and find ways to improve my portfolio.


    Thanks again really appreciated it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™