1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] De_Vineyard (WIP)

  • HawtRybz
  • March 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM
  • HawtRybz
    • March 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    • #1

    Hi,

    I have recently been playing CS GO and a few of us have decided to create a map. It will be the first map I have made for CS GO and the first time I have used the Hammer engine, therefore the worldofleveldesign tutorials have helped me greatly.

    I wanted to go for a vineyard theme, Domaine de Beauséjour is a great example of the style which I am going for; http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/domai…jour.en-gb.html.

    I have picked out a number of key features which I am looking to place within the map, these include: a Mansion, Barn, Winery, Garage and a Courtyard.

    I have blocked out the buildings for the map and have attached the map file if any of you want to give it a little test. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.


    Cheers


    de_vineyard_test.zip

    CS.GO.wmv

  • HawtRybz
    • March 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM
    • #2

    Here's a play through of the map


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.


    Again any feedback would help greatly.


    Cheers.

  • Niller^.-
    • March 10, 2014 at 8:55 PM
    • #3

    This feedback is only based on what I've seen in the video (or pictures) you linked above (I have not played the map myself):


    First of your map seems to be out of scale in most places, this might be on purpose and work out when textured, yet I think most places isn't, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Examples of this based on the video is:

    - 0:15 the middel (then agian this might be because it feels so empty).

    - 0:25 indoors. The stairway looks cool, yet it reminds me of when you only scale a picture on width or height (in this case height).


    Based on the overview of the layout above (the first picture provided) I would say that the map could have potential (but who am I to jugde). I think you should try and add some more to the map. Add cover places, make the chokepoints a bit more interesting etc.. In conclusion give the map a little more work, on how you hope to make it look. When this is done, try to get a spot for a playtest, so you can get more people to give you feedback, and get the map testet. One thing is theory, another one is practice.


    Hope it helped

  • text_fish
    • March 11, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    • #4

    I second Niller's scale concerns, although it is difficult to gauge such things with empty rooms and dev textures.


    Also, that tractor doesn't look like it would fit through that doorway, and if it somehow did the driver would have to do a 6840765894749-point turn to drive it out of the alley.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™