1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

2D artist/Concept artist

  • jabb
  • January 29, 2014 at 6:51 PM
  • jabb
    • January 29, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    • #1

    Hi guys! Check out my portfolio at jabbourjk.wix.com/jabb
    I'm always looking for new opportunities. My contact information is there as well, you will get the quickest reply from me via email. Hope to work with you soon!


    [Blocked Image: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/292/9/6/new_characters_by_spifmo-d83ef0j.png]

  • jabb
    • April 9, 2014 at 12:37 AM
    • #2

    Open for work!

  • SuperDuperYeah
    • April 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • #3

    Hey Jabb !


    Maybe just a few insights on the flow of your website. When browsing through other people's work I always prefer landing first on a page that shows content. I also wouldn't put the "contact tab" in the middle of the menu bar. It's quite standard to have it as the last tab. Talking about the contact tab, I personally wouldn't put my Skype contact in there (keeps away the creeps). I always find it more professional to have an email and a link towards a LinkedIn page (if you don't have one you should. It's a great online "business card"). What I like to see from concept artist is how they convert what they are told into actual concrete work (for example: "I was asked to provide concept for a character X. This was what was requested (you list the stuff) and this is what I did). You don't need to write big paragraphs about what precisely was asked of you, just some bullet points to give me an idea of how you translated a request into concrete work. I would also go for a different color on your description text under your name. Instead of grey continue with white ?


    Hope this helps

  • jabb
    • April 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    • #4

    Late, but thank you so much! I really really appreciate the advice! I've actually changed portfolio sites since the last one you saw and I'm going to definitely implement your advice.

    I'm also available for work now!

  • UnknownPredator
    • May 1, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    • #5

    Hey jabb, love your illustrations! You should probably reupload all the images to png because of the jpeg artifacts and low size.

  • jabb
    • October 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • #6

    Hey there!

    Thanks much, hopefully the images are clearer now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™