1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Current games that are openly moddable

  • Garmy
  • September 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • Garmy
    • September 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    • #1

    Hello all,


    I am learning UDK right now, and was looking for a list of current moddable games. I'd prefer to mod single player games, like the Batman: Arkham series, but it doesn't seem to be broken open for modding missions and areas. While googling around, it seems like a lot of the more popular games are pretty anti-moddable. I even looked into the recent Call of Duty games and couldn't find much.


    I didnt put the UDK or Single Player into the thread title in hopes of a more comprehensive list.


    Thanks

  • blackdog
    • September 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    • #2

    Not sure if you are looking only in Unreal Engine powered games or also others.

    Every Valve game is moddable and has an SDK tied to the game.

    Skyrim has a huge mod support.

    Red Orchestra.

    Arma.

    Rage has an SDK.

    Far Cry 3 has a map editor.

    Splinter Cell used to come with the map editor until Chaos Theory, I dunno about subsequent versions because i played those on the X360.

    You can download the CryEngine SDK and make full games like UDK.

    You can probably find even more browsing through Moddb.

  • Garmy
    • September 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM
    • #3

    I am mostly looking at Unreal Engine games, since that's the editor I'm focused on at the moment. I also want to do single player levels and missions, as opposed to multiplayer maps.


    I thought about Skyrim, but it doesn't excite me very much. Map design isn't very important in it, and the story takes most of the focus for most of the missions. I can't think of many areas aside from towns that really stand out.


    I would like to make some games using engines like UDK or CryEngine, but for now, that would be adding a bit too much on my plate. I've already got quite a bit going on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™