1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Half Life Demo is Here!

  • Thrik
  • August 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • Thrik
    • August 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM
    • #1

    Half Life Demo is Here!


    Quote

    In order to play, you're going to need at least a P133Mhz with DirectX 6 and 24 MB of RAM. Keep in mind also that this file is HUGE (50MB compressed!)

  • -HP-
    • August 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    • #2

    Wow

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 23, 2013 at 2:24 AM
    • #3
    Quote

    In order to play, you're going to need at least a P133Mhz with DirectX 6 and 24 MB of RAM. Keep in mind also that this file is HUGE (50MB compressed!) and it's probably going to take you quite a while to download the game. Be patient.


    [Blocked Image: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/796/447px-Manlytears3.jpg]

  • dux
    • August 23, 2013 at 2:26 AM
    • #4

    [Blocked Image: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120621214959/half-life/en/images/6/68/Uplink_menu_Half_Life_Uplink.png]

  • ziiN
    • August 23, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    • #5

    Nostalgia.

  • Jord
    • August 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • #6

    Think I need a RAM upgrade for this

  • Corwin
    • August 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    • #7

    The year I started mapping, the game I started mapping on. Haaa, those test chambers just to torture and blow up scientists and feed them to headcrabs, those were the days!

  • Sprony
    • August 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    • #8

    The Uplink Demo is the greatest demo I've ever played.

  • blackdog
    • August 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    • #9

    Never played it before, must do.

  • e-freak
    • August 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    • #10
    Quote from blackdog

    Never played it before, must do.


    waaat? uplink was the perfect example of a good demo - all the game in a nutshell with a meaningful but disconnected mission from the main game and the highlight on all the gameplay elements...

  • Thrik
    • August 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    • #11

    Btw, Uplink was remade for Black Mesa and can be installed as chapter 0. Something to keep us going until the post-Lambda part of the game is added. Anyone heard anything about that BTW?


    http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-mesa-uplink

  • blackdog
    • August 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    • #12

    I know, it's what I always thought it would be nice to do with a lot of games.

    But Uplink came out quite after the game, which at the time I was just playing (i first played it borrowed from a friend). And I still hadn't access to Internet. I can't remember when I first heard of Uplink, but it was waaay late, i'd say probably when HL was toward the end of its era.

  • Sprony
    • August 23, 2013 at 1:40 PM
    • #13
    Quote from blackdog

    I know, it's what I always thought it would be nice to do with a lot of games.

    But Uplink came out quite after the game, which at the time I was just playing (i first played it borrowed from a friend). And I still hadn't access to Internet. I can't remember when I first heard of Uplink, but it was waaay late, i'd say probably when HL was toward the end of its era.


    [Blocked Image: http://replygif.net/i/690.gif]


    For those looking for more Black Mesa goodness. Check out these mods. It's a complete version of Surface Tension and On a rail. Compatible with Black Mesa Source.


    http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-mes…ut-v20-released


    http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-mesa-on-a-rail-uncut

  • Thrik
    • August 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    • #14

    Interesting, I never realised such big parts were cut. Maybe the Black Mesa guys could get in touch with these modders to incorporate them into the official Xen release? That'd be a great way of adding even more value to the eventual update.

  • Sprony
    • August 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • #15

    Yeah, they cut quite a bit. Xen can wait. I just want it on Steam and that has been almost a year already


    You know I'm just kidding Blackdog

  • blackdog
    • August 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    • #16

    The url i tried to download from didn't work, let's see if one of the others do.

    Edit: none of the links, "Can't find host" Safari says.

    Sure Sprony

  • e-freak
    • August 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    • #17

    http://www.fileplanet.com/10360/10000/fi…fe:-UpLink-Demo


    you have to play in compatibility mode (win 95) and set your desktop colors to 16-bit. Works like a charm. All Half-Life related tweaking tips apply.


    Awesome game! Just played till the sattelite dish again

  • blackdog
    • August 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    • #18

    It's working, ty!

  • D3ads
    • August 25, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • #19

    ITT, it's 1999 again...?

  • Pampers
    • August 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    • #20

    D3ads golden age

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™