1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Disable Java DO ET NAU

  • RedYager
  • January 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • RedYager
    • January 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    • #1

    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/…xploit-is-found

    DO ET

  • Puddy
    • January 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    • #2

    Don't think this includes javascript?

  • Minos
    • January 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    • #3

    Java is the most annoying piece of software ever created. Why the hell do we even need to have it installed? And don't even get me started on those annoying updates.

    I can't remember any software other than Minecraft that requires it, so I'm getting rid of it from my microsystem right away.

  • Beefeater
    • January 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    • #4

    Javascript ≠ Java?

  • Zyn
    • January 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    • #5

    At the same time; why not kill Flash as well?

  • RedYager
    • January 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    • #6

    I just realised I wrote javascript in the title, my bad, I was using Unity at the time

  • ⌐■_■
    • January 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    • #7

    thanks! disableing it for now...

    (for chrome users: chrome://plugins)

  • selmitto
    • January 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • #8

    Done. Disabled it from my browser and also uninstalled from my computah.

    Was it really necessary? ;O

  • -HP-
    • January 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    • #9
    Quote from killertomato

    thanks! disableing it for now...

    (for chrome users: chrome://plugins)

    Ah, cool, thanks! Yeah, I never really gave a fuck about it and leave it be. But yeah, java and flash need to suffer a quick death.

  • D3ads
    • January 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    • #10

    Bah I disabled Javascript yesterday because this thread and was pissed off at how 90% of things weren't working properly! I don't have Java installed, so yay?

    Quote

    ' timestamp='1357945649' post='321004']java and flash need to suffer a quick death.

    But you can't view tube sites without flash...

  • selmitto
    • January 12, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    • #11
    Quote from D3ads

    Bah I disabled Javascript yesterday because this thread and was pissed off at how 90% of things weren't working properly! I don't have Java installed, so yay?

    But you can't view tube sites without flash...

    They are testing HTML5 versions, but I think that's not out yet...

  • RedYager
    • January 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    • #12

    I'm actually surprised to see how much doesn't work without Java, even the font I'm typing in now looks different.

    AND I ACTUALLY HAVE TO CLICK IN THE GOOGLE SEARCH BAR INSTEAD OF IT BEING AUTOMATIC OMG I HATE THIS WORLD.

  • Skjalg
    • January 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    • #13

    java is unfortunately everywhere. Only thing i need it for is my online banking. If it hadn't been for that requirement then it would've been out a long time ago.

  • Mazy
    • January 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    • #14
    Quote from Skjalg

    java is unfortunately everywhere. Only thing i need it for is my online banking. If it hadn't been for that requirement then it would've been out a long time ago.

    Yeah same here, still a pain in the ass tho.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™