1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Neil Gowland - Environment Artist / Level Designer

  • Grimmsorg
  • September 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM
  • Grimmsorg
    • September 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    • #1

    Hey Guys

    I'm new to the forums so I thought I'd introduce myself. I was hoping there was an introduction thread as I wasn't necessarily look to get critiqued straight away but either way this seems like the next best way to introduce myself and let the community know what I'm about.

    I'm Neil Gowland and I'm an Environment Artist at heart and I've been working for Eutechnyx for 5 years now. Recently I chose to move into a level designer role at work. I don't know if anyone else has ever been in a similar position but the reason for my decision was because over the 5 year period I get to do very little artwork and I honestly believe my portfolio suffers because of it (I often think of what my portfolio would be like if I did artwork 9 hours a day over the course of 5 years). Regardless I have built up plenty of other skills such as management and technical skills.

    Moving into a level designer role has allowed me to be more creative at work and I have a much stronger urge to go home on a night and work on environment art stuff.

    Heres my current portfolio http://%7boption%7d

    I have tons of work to show but I can't really show any of professional work on my website, unfortunately I don't think my work on my website reflects what I know I'm capable of and I hoping to improve on this

    Anyway I hope to get to know you all better and I'm going to try and participate within the community as much as possible.

  • e-freak
    • September 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    • #2

    Very clean and easy to navigate Like it! The only thing I could wish for would be a lightbox solution for the large screenshots instead of opening a new tab for every image. And the resume page could have been more broken up (reads like a big wall of text as everything is the same color and no spacings on new paragraphs).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™