1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Eric Lancon - Level Artist

  • Riven
  • July 27, 2011 at 11:31 AM
  • Riven
    • July 27, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    • #1

    Hey all, I thought I might bite the bullet and rev up for some crits and feedback on my new redesigned portfolio from all the fellows here who know what to look for.

    [Blocked Image: http://genecy.net/genecy_forum.jpg]

    It's more or less complete with the actual PDF resume missing at the moment. (still working on it). but the pages should all be spell checked and formatted properly by now.

    Let me know if you fellas think I stand a chance in the industry as a level artist or designer?

    Link: http://www.genecy.net

    Also of note, I'm not quite ready to enter the game design industry as I have one more year left of uni.

    Thanks for checking it out.

  • mjens
    • July 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    • #2

    I wouldn't place architecture/design with game levels. That's totally different thing when it comes to job seeking. If you're looking for a job in a game industry it's good to have an architecture knowledge but I think that presenting it on one page isn't a good idea. How about making tabs for each "job"? Also I didn't like the B&W thumbs at the first look on the page, that gives minus points for the first impression. B&W palette in the website design is elegant but too simple.

    As you asked about your chance in the industry, in my opinion there are studios that can hire you, but of course these are non-AAA companies. You could get into small company and get experience there. I see lack of new, lets say "next-gen" technology in your folio. How about making stuff in Sandbox or UDK?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™