1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Roel Coucke - 3D / Environment artist

  • Reap3r
  • November 23, 2010 at 1:29 AM
  • Reap3r
    • November 23, 2010 at 1:29 AM
    • #1

    Hi,

    I recently discovered this website, so I thought let's share my portfolio.

    http://%7boption%7d

    I would appreciate some feedback, since I'm looking for an internship with it.

  • luque
    • November 23, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    • #2

    Hey man, welcome

    Portfolio looks professional, I like the work you have done

    A few notes:

    • [*:3gocl7ew]The vertical text on your homepage next to the images seem a bit out of place.
      [*:3gocl7ew]Once I click on a picture I am lost, cant see where I am on the site. There is no back button or breadcrumbs to orientate.
      [*:3gocl7ew]Let the visitor know which page they are on by highlighting the menu button. For example: if I am at the blog section I expect the blog button to be different from the other buttons.
      [*:3gocl7ew]I would remove the tutorial section untill you actually have stuff to put on there.
      [*:3gocl7ew]I'm not sure if your name stands out enough now that it's located at the top of your header, I found myself looking at the logo and pictures and then had to seach for your name.

    Apart from that you certainly look competent!

    Keep it up

  • -HP-
    • November 23, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    • #3

    Hey man, you're from the same school as Robbert-Jan?

    I really dig the style of the page, the colors come together really really well. Navigation should sufice, but i would look into what luque mentioned.

    Work on a little bit more content, finished environments especially and also show it's props (With wires, texs, etc) and you should be ready to land a job in the industry for sure!

  • mjens
    • November 23, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    • #4

    Nice site, I was at first time a bit confused about the images. There are a lot of sections like 3d models, tutorials and so and I din't know what to expect after clicking the image on the home page. Is it a tutorial or what? Maybe one 16:9 of latest work and a nice small description will be fine.

  • Reap3r
    • November 24, 2010 at 1:56 AM
    • #5

    Thanks for the feedback, I changed some things to make it more user-friendly.

    Also more projects which are in progress will come in the next few weeks.

    @[HP]: Yes, I'm in the same school as Robbert-Jan, in fact, we are also working on a project together.

  • luque
    • November 24, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    • #6

    The usability changes are definitely noticeable. Looking good.

    Keep it up!

  • Zeta
    • November 24, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    • #7

    Great looking content and a nice, easy to use website design. My suggestion would be to sign up to LinkedIn and make sure you have a link to your profile on your Resume / Contact page.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™