1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Getting Started with Texturing (Tutorial Req)

  • DysPatch
  • November 5, 2010 at 9:02 PM
  • DysPatch
    • November 5, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    • #1

    Hey guys,

    Mainly, I have been just doing level design with the Source engine and have recently started playing with the UDK. However, I would like to give texturing a try, and my only experience with it has been creating tileable environment textures from a photo source (using clone, sharpen and offset, really basic). I would like to try re-texturing a CS:S player model, but I am having trouble getting started. I am going to try to change the GSG9 model to use an ACUPAT texture, so I have saved some references and now I need to get started on the diffuse. So I guess my question is, do any of you know any particularly useful tutorials about getting started with cloth texturing, or just texturing in general?

    Thanks in advance,

    Dan

  • -HP-
    • November 7, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    • #2

    http://www.dregsld.com/tutorials/FloorT ... tut01.html

    http://www.shotgun-graphics.com/tutorials.htm

    http://www.dregsld.com/tutorialfiles/tu ... Study.html

    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... 6&t=373024

    http://www.duber.tv/cs/tutorialy/

    http://www.aaronjclifford.com/images/tu ... torial.jpg

    http://www.game-artist.net/forums/suppo ... #post52339

    http://racer445.com/

    http://www.leighvanderbyl.com/tutorials.html

    http://www.amc.ro/shares/tutorials/2008 ... _Vijoi.pdf

    http://www.youtube.com/user/rooz3d

    http://eat3d.com/texturing

  • DysPatch
    • November 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    • #3

    You are awesome! Bookmarked all of them, thanks a bunch!

  • FrieChamp
    • November 8, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    • #4

    HP delivers.

  • Minos
    • November 9, 2010 at 2:50 AM
    • #5
    Quote

    ":110vhjel]http://www.shotgun-graphics.com/tutorials.htm

    some nice obscure tricks there, thanks for sharing!!

  • Nysuatro
    • November 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    • #6

    oh, and this one

    http://www.methodonline.com/texture_tutorial.htm

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™