1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Maarten Frooninckx - Level designer

  • marnamai
  • May 4, 2010 at 5:50 PM
  • marnamai
    • May 4, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    • #1

    Hello, I am working on setting up my portfolio. I 'd love to hear some input!

    http://www.marnamai.interlopers.net

    ps: My html skills are crap.

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • May 4, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    • #2

    Welcome! This is a great start you've got going here. I like the simplicity you have going here; these shots are definitely going to speak for themselves. Obviously you need to fill out the information section; I also think it'd be good to see even just a little information about each project, but I think you'll have a great setup when you're done.

  • marnamai
    • May 4, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    • #3

    I have a few questions

    1) Would it be wise to put everything on one page, using anchors?

    2) I have done playtesting and given input/ideas on a few mods that were succesfull. Should I include that as experience? (Research & devolpment, Human Error, ect ...)

    What about mods I 've been on in the past but failed, I did learn valuable lessons from those.

  • ChopperDave
    • May 5, 2010 at 5:02 AM
    • #4
    Quote

    I have done playtesting and given input/ideas on a few mods that where succesfull. Should I include that as experience? (Research & devolpment, Human Error, ect ...)

    Unless the contributions were substantial I wouldn't bother. Unless you're aiming for a professional role as consultant/QA.

    Quote

    What about mods I 've been on in the past but failed, I did learn valuable lessons from those.

    Absolutely. Failures are just as important as successes, provided you walked away with valuable knowledge. Just be sure to mention what you did take away from those failures.

    Anyways, my two cents. Portfolio is looking slick .

  • JeanPaul
    • May 5, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    • #5

    Those first three shots are fucking awesome

  • marnamai
    • May 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    • #6

    Thanks for the comments ^^

    I am gonna trim down the projects list.

    What other data/info should I include?

    Does it mather to have a downloadable pdf version of the site, since people can just bookmark the site?

  • sarge mat
    • May 5, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    • #7

    Just love the first three shots. That kind of setting is source at its best IMO.

  • marnamai
    • May 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    • #8

    I am pretty much done with my portfolio for now, I 'll update it later when my projects are done. Including playthroughs and download links.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™