1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Michael Abraham - Level Designer

  • Ezekel
  • March 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • Ezekel
    • March 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    • #1

    Hi folks,

    recently discovered this site and thought it might be a nice idea to see what sort of response i get from people regarding my portfolio.

    I am currently hunting for a job, but due to the recent economic landscape the most common situation i'm finding is companies just don't seem willing to take the risk of taking on someone who lacks the track record of working on released titles.

    So yeh, if you could give my site a look over and let me know what you think I'd greatly appreciate it.

    http://ezekel.dreamhosters.com/

    Thanks.

  • arhurt
    • March 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    • #2

    The first thing I saw is that there are no pictures of your work on the front page!

  • -HP-
    • March 26, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    • #3

    I think you need to read this:

    viewtopic.php?f=65&t=15050

  • Furyo
    • March 26, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    • #4

    Honestly and bluntly, all I see is a wall of text I don't want to read. Follow HP's link and rework the entire thing

  • Ezekel
    • October 24, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    • #5

    well i made quite a bit of changes based on the feedback.

    mainly aimed things towards making it easier to quickly get to the examples/screenshots/gameplay-video links from the main page.

    any thoughts/ideas about anything else i could/should do?

  • u.s.marshal
    • October 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    • #6

    Hey Michael

    Quote

    I am currently hunting for a job

    Do you want to get a job as a level designer ? if yes I'm not sure if your homepage is the best way to present your level design work. I like your level design work and I think you should be more focused on that.

    The thing is that some of your work doesn't look that good, for example your drawings, I mean I'm not an Artist but in my view this http://%7boption%7d and

    this one http://ezekel.dreamhosters.com/images/d ... rider1.jpg doesn't really look good. I think you should "clean up" your homepage a little bit, redesign it (make it easy to navigate) and maybe separate your blog from your homepage. I would suggest making a portfolio page (to get a job) and a homepage/blog (additional informations for your future employer)

    That just how I would make it =) way to go !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™