1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Jakob Johansson, Level designer

  • Jakob_JJ
  • October 29, 2009 at 8:41 PM
  • Jakob_JJ
    • October 29, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    • #1

    Hi my name is Jakob Johansson and i just wanted to share my portfolio Im putting together http://%7boption%7d. feedback is welcome.

    Im currently a student at Futuregames but are now looking for placement.

  • dux
    • October 30, 2009 at 7:37 AM
    • #2

    The biggest problem I have is you cannot save your images. If an employer wished to take some of your images for later reference he/she would be unable to do so. I wanted to link one here to ask about something but am unable to do so!

  • Jakob_JJ
    • October 30, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    • #3

    Thanks for the feedback i will see if i can solve that :-). Was it something particular you wanted to ask about ?

  • Jakob_JJ
    • November 5, 2009 at 10:12 PM
    • #4

    My former site is no longer :) this is my new site http://%7boption%7d. Again feedback is welcome

  • Hourences
    • November 6, 2009 at 12:12 AM
    • #5

    "like challanges" (challenges)

    "who work as a programmer" (works)

    " for Bajoum a company that make childs games" (missing comma)

    "The main engines I work with is Unreal and Source." (are)

    "unrealeased " (unreleased)

    "alot" *(a lot)

    "backalley" (back alley)

    There may be more.

    "Here are some of the levels I've done using the Unreal engine."

    Kind of obvious no? Adds additional clutter. Same for the other pages. If you are going to add an intro, write a meaningful intro. "Here is something" is not.

    I don't think the frontpage left bottom UT picture is very nice, but it is on the front page, so you basically present it as your best screenshot.

    I saw the safe house levels in real life at your desk, I don't think the screenshots of it on your website really portray the level correctly. It doesn't look appealing on the screenshots. I would also consider adding videos to show your scripting.

    I personally don't light bright sites if most of your content is dark. The white will make it harder to view dark screenshots. The UT prison especially, i'd consider brightening them a bit in photoshop.

    Google sites supports making a banner? Would be better than just text at the top of the page.

    I think your resume is kind of plain. It barely even mentions games. Lots of other stuff, but little on games. If you will apply to a game studio I would consider focusing solely on what is game related, and also adding non profit (mods) projects to your resume. Add more details what you did. What responsibilities. Spice it up. You can leave the normal jobs for a little section somewhere and be done with those. Sell yourself and what you have done in the past more.

  • Jakob_JJ
    • November 6, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    • #6

    Thanks Sjoerd ! :) i will fix it straight away :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™