1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Source - Static prop with multiple sequences

  • m8nkey
  • May 7, 2009 at 3:42 AM
  • m8nkey
    • May 7, 2009 at 3:42 AM
    • #1

    To date all I've made is static props with a single sequence.

    I have some vehicle models I'd like to make 3 sequences for:

    wheels straight

    wheels turned left

    wheels turned right

    I tried just turning the wheels accordingly in Max and exporting 3 different sequences (using Jed's export tool). I've already checked out the wiki and example QC's in the modelsrc directory.

    Here's the QC:

    Code
    $modelname "metroplex\camaro.mdl"
    
    
    $cdmaterials "models\metroplex"
    
    
    $staticprop
    
    
    $body "body" "camaro_ref.smd"
    
    
    $sequence idle "camaro_ref.smd"
    
    
    $sequence left "camaro_left.smd"
    
    
    $sequence right "camaro_right.smd"
    
    
    $collisionmodel "camaro_phy.smd"
    
    
    $surfaceprop "metal"
    
    
    {
    
    
    $concave
    
    
    $mass 1000
    
    
    }
    Display More
  • robert.briscoe
    • May 7, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    • #2

    I hate to point out the obvious, but you cant have "sequences" on a static prop!

  • TermInator525
    • May 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    • #3

    -> prop_dynamic

  • Em'
    • May 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    • #4

    Oh, I have the same probleme for a model : i would like to make 2 sequence ( off and rolling wheels for a "wagon" )

    But, i think my QC is bad, because in source, when it's compiled and integrated to game, the prop_dynamic do not roll...

    Code
    $modelname "wagon.mdl"
    
    
    $scale 1.00
    
    
    $cdmaterials "models" 
    
    
    $body studio "wagon_ref.smd"
    
    
    $sequence "Idle" "wagon_idle" fps 10 ACT_IDLE 1
    
    
    $sequence "Idle2" "wagon_idle2" loop fps 20 ACT_IDLE 2
    
    
    $surfaceprop "wood"
    
    
    $hboxset "default"
    
    
    
    
    
    
    $collisionmodel "wagon_phys.smd" {
    
    
    	$concave
    
    
    	$mass 200
    
    
    }
    Display More

    Here is my QC, if you can help me, i will be very happy !

    And my english is bad, like for any french people.

    So, I will follow this thread ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™