1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Where the Wild Things Are

  • Mazy
  • March 25, 2009 at 8:56 PM
  • Mazy
    • March 25, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    • #1

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/wherethewildthingsare/

    I think it looks awesome, Spike Jonze is a fucking god!

  • Skjalg
    • March 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM
    • #2

    I dont know what to make of this.

  • Thrik
    • March 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    • #3

    Looks like an exceedingly happy film.

  • e-freak
    • March 26, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    • #4

    haha, that's somewhat the happiest, funniest and most awesome-non-action movie trailer i've seen in a long time

  • Spellbinder
    • March 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    • #5

    Looks cool.

  • FrieChamp
    • March 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    • #6

    I somehow expected...something completely else, but I must admit I have never read the book!

    Or had the book read to me by somebody else.

    My childhood was spent in a box in front of a TV and a console...so lonely...

  • ⌐■_■
    • March 26, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    • #7

    i am totally liking the art style!

  • Steppenwolf
    • March 26, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    • #8

    This looks like fun! Like a happy version of Tideland.

    I also like the music. What band is this? Reminds me of Architecture In Helsinki.

  • Warby
    • March 26, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    • #9
    Quote from Mazy

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/wherethewildthingsare/I think it looks awesome, Spike Jonze is a fucking god!

    i am not sure what the book is about but this looks adorable supreme !

    but i think you meant to say

    "spike jonze for god `09"

    you know like the guy with the tshirt in this: (1:55)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnosoITV ... re=related

  • Spellbinder
    • March 27, 2009 at 5:04 AM
    • #10
    Quote from FrieChamp

    I somehow expected...something completely else, but I must admit I have never read the book! Or had the book read to me by somebody else.

    My childhood was spent in a box in front of a TV and a console...so lonely...

    Aaaaaaw....

  • twiz
    • March 28, 2009 at 12:28 AM
    • #11

    Are you guys serious? you've never read this book?...

    Seriously go read it, the art and story are spectacular.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2008/11/wild_things.jpg]

    Just a beautiful story. I'm wondering how they could stretch the rather short book into a movie, but it seems like they captured the feeling and spirit of the book and expanded on it.

    Between this and 9, I think its going to be a great fall '09 for movies.

  • Zacker
    • March 29, 2009 at 8:46 PM
    • #12

    I am not really sure of what to say of this either. It looks like a regular family adventure movie, but then again not quite.

    I have never heard of the book.

  • Sindwiller
    • March 31, 2009 at 7:38 PM
    • #13

    @ Twiz, word

  • Chunks
    • April 7, 2009 at 4:14 AM
    • #14
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    This looks like fun! Like a happy version of Tideland.I also like the music. What band is this? Reminds me of Architecture In Helsinki.

    Rebellion by Arcade Fire.

    It's a different version, though... they must have recorded that for the movie.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™