1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

First they came.

  • Spellbinder
  • March 24, 2009 at 6:24 AM
  • Spellbinder
    • March 24, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    • #1

    When the Nazis came for the communists,

    I remained silent;

    I was not a communist.

    Then they locked up the social democrats,

    I remained silent;

    I was not a social democrat.

    Then they came for the trade unionists,

    I did not speak out;

    I was not a trade unionist.

    Then they came for the Jews,

    I did not speak out;

    I was not a Jew.

    When they came for me,

    there was no one left to speak out for me.

    Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Steppenwolf
    • March 24, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    • #2

    They also came for the people who spoke out. Like in my town there were a couple of pupils who made pamphlets against nazism and showed them around in their school. They all got murdered in a concentration camp. I really hate poems like that because they suggest that everybody who shut up during nazi time was a coward. But during war its smartness that keeps you alive, this includes to know when to shut up and not trying to be a one man army, except you want a street or a school named after you. If anything you could do something against a nazi regime in the underground resistance.

  • e-freak
    • March 24, 2009 at 10:01 AM
    • #3

    why is this in EOT? Topic and person are not subject for this board.

  • Spellbinder
    • March 24, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    • #4

    Oh i'm sorry i should have deleted the word nazu out of there. I just saw something in that text that is true even today.

  • e-freak
    • March 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    • #5

    -snip-

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™