1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

3ds max 2009 - Anyone tried it yet?

  • Minos
  • August 20, 2008 at 12:32 AM
  • Minos
    • August 20, 2008 at 12:32 AM
    • #1

    Did any of you guys switched over to max 2009? I heard there are some new cool features in the UV editor, but I'm afraid some of my 3rd party scripts won't work on it. Any thoughts/bugs/annoyances?

  • Zacker
    • August 20, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    • #2

    I gave lessons in it at Game Development Camp 2008 and as usual there were second to no changes from Max 8, which is what I'm used to.

  • Psyshokiller
    • August 20, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    • #3

    Why don't you get the trial?

    I tested it for a few days just briefly. The thing is, it seems to be a bit unstable. When I loaded a large highpoly into it, it crashed quite often and unexpected under the workload (on top of a very slow perspective window), while max 2008 doesn't. Rendering is noticeable faster though (only used lighttracer).

  • Minos
    • August 20, 2008 at 6:29 PM
    • #4

    I'm currently using max8 and it's very unstable sometimes, specially when you are dealing with DX9 shaders. But yeah I'll give the trial a try =) Just wanted to hear your thoughts before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™