1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

"This is not for geeks - this is for everyone"

  • FrieChamp
  • July 9, 2008 at 12:02 PM
  • FrieChamp
    • July 9, 2008 at 12:02 PM
    • #1

    Google unveils Playstation Home-like social networking app:

    Quote

    Internet software giant Google today revealed Google Lively, a browser-based online world in which users can design rooms and avatars for chat and other functions.Built with social networking web site integration in mind, Lively allows player-designed rooms to be embedded within a user's page on such sites as Facebook and MySpace. The tool is available now free of charge at the official web site.

    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53501

    Gamasutra article/interview:

    Quote

    Guymon's closing thoughts? He believes that "Google is uniquely poised to validate this space for the mass market... this is not for geeks - this is for everyone."

    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=19333

    Anyone wanna try this out tonight? I'll have a house party in my virtual room and all mapcorians are invited :derp:

  • Deathy
    • July 9, 2008 at 1:11 PM
    • #2

    Lawl.. I'm in.

  • skdr
    • July 9, 2008 at 1:28 PM
    • #3

    Its not out yet - so no show just yet!

  • Steppenwolf
    • July 9, 2008 at 1:35 PM
    • #4

    Level Design for poor people.

  • FrieChamp
    • July 9, 2008 at 1:39 PM
    • #5
    Quote from skdr

    Its not out yet - so no show just yet!

    Are you sure? Because I downloaded it, the only problem I faced was that I could neither see my own avatar nor anyone else's

  • Deathy
    • July 9, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    • #6
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Are you sure? Because I downloaded it, the only problem I faced was that I could neither see my own avatar nor anyone else's

    Same here.. seems like it's a REAL google BETA.

  • Zeta
    • July 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM
    • #7

    might take a peak at it!

  • skdr
    • July 9, 2008 at 2:27 PM
    • #8
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Are you sure? Because I downloaded it, the only problem I faced was that I could neither see my own avatar nor anyone else's

    Oops, my mistake.

  • Thrik
    • July 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM
    • #9

    Seems like a cool idea for the many, many people out there into this kind of social 'gaming'.

    (I'm not one of them.)

  • -HP-
    • July 9, 2008 at 3:24 PM
    • #10
    Quote from Thrik

    (I'm not one of them.)

    Ditto

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™