Terri

MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 5.0

36 posts in this topic

FAQ

Additional FAQ can be found on the old playtesting thread & feel free to contact either me or @rosk <- on steam with any questions.

Future Planned Features

First of all, server GOTV demos have been fixed, as would crash previously, and will be available after each playtest.

New things to come!

1. [complete] Automatic Heat map Generation. (Heatmaps will be included in the Google Drive feedback folder for shots fired, deaths, grenades and optionally any others that can be requested. No uploading will be required)(1)
  2. Webpage graphically displaying users feedback at the point on the radar they gave it (Can be useful for small bugs)
  3. Standalone site with playtest scheduling, information and live updates (2)

[1] Heatmaps are complete and are available after every playtest! This is already available from http://demo.ehvag.de/, however, it's nice to have more sophisticated colors and for it to be automatically processed.

[2] Complete for the discord

See you on the server!

Edited by Terri
JSadones, VIOLATION, Evert and 5 others like this

29 minutes ago, Gooby said:

Do you care to play very alpha versions of maps?

What does 'very alpha' exactly means? Maybe you should consider making a topic of your map with some images, map overview and a link to the workshop.
That way we can check it out, give some feedback, so you can work on the very much basic structure of the map which is I guess pretty much important before a playtest.
Anyway the conditions are listed below, you have to check them at the submission form

Conditions *
The map has to fulfill all of the following conditions
  • The map has a working overview
  • The map has a working .nav mess
  • The filename has a proper suffix (e.g. "_v03
  • The map has 10 or more spawns on each side (min. 20 spawns total)
  • All custom content (models, materials, sounds, overview) are properly packed into the map
  • The rough timings have been tested
  • All necessary buyzones, bombsites/ hostage rescue zones and hostages are included
  • The map is optimized in a tolerable manner

Edited by Roald
gleddez likes this

Yeah those won't be a problem except the map doesn't have a name yet

The map is in all dev texture blocky stuff with just a few props, just the layout getting done.

Oops but with that port i cant find that server....

b_560_95_1.png

Found it!

Edited by RA7

i didnt read mapcore for some time, but today i remembered, that there should be a playtest today.

sad to see that this playtesting section is no longer active like it was some month ago. there were always 2 maps at every playtesting day and the server was full.

hope you get more submissions again in the future.

Edited by baem123

3 hours ago, baem123 said:

i didnt read mapcore for some time, but today i remembered, that there should be a playtest today.

sad to see that this playtesting section is no longer active like it was some month ago. there were always 2 maps at every playtesting day and the server was full.

hope you get more submissions again in the future.

uni/school has started :(

ok uploaded a map for today. Though I can't be there for it because military service :(

edit: so is the required spawns 20 or 21?

e227834671.png

9af80ca454.png

Edited by Gooby

5 hours ago, Gooby said:

ok uploaded a map for today. Though I can't be there for it because military service :(

edit: so is the required spawns 20 or 21?

e227834671.png

9af80ca454.png

It's 20 spawns, the 21 was a mistake, anyway your map is verified for 4/12/16

@Gooby feedback can be submitted in-game, and you will be provided with the feedback once it is over

Edited by rosk
info

34 minutes ago, rosk said:

It's 20 spawns, the 21 was a mistake, anyway your map is verified for 4/12/16

Alright thanks. I added a few more spawns just in case.

Please post your thoughts about the map here as I can't join you today. Im eager to hear how it goes as Im afraid the map will be too complex in some parts.

@rosk Where will I find the feedback? Will it be pmed to me on forums or.something like that?

Edited by Gooby