Roald

[CS:GO] de_invade

this looks great man. if you can keep visibility high and the atmosphere feelin good, this level would be awesome. looks like you're keeping the foliage abundant but out of sight lines too which is nice. would love to see this move forward

On 3/14/2017 at 10:06 PM, Roald said:

A lost Castle in the midle of the Forrest have been taken over by growing plants and tree's. 

But in spite of that it still has functional artificial lightning. I wonder who is paying the electricity bill :D

Edited by Serialmapper

10 minutes ago, Serialmapper said:

But in spite of that it still has functional artificial lightning. I wonder who is paying the electricity bill :D

Hahaha yeahh.. I know right. It are just placeholders for now. I hoped to have some torches with fire later on. Or maybe these lamps with candles in it. But yeah I am no modeler

1 hour ago, Mondy00 said:

this looks great man. if you can keep visibility high and the atmosphere feelin good, this level would be awesome. looks like you're keeping the foliage abundant but out of sight lines too which is nice. would love to see this move forward

Thanks! Yeah I hoped to keep some good vissibilities and not alot of plants disturbing the view. I have been working some more on it, but I am quite struggling with the other bombsite and abit on midle, but I take tiny steps and once I get there I'll post some more screenshots. I hope to get a basic greybox done so I can test the layout and people can walk arround. 

You may get inspired by de_aztec, regarding the artificial lightning. You will have more freedom in placing those lights.

Edited by Serialmapper

On 23-3-2017 at 0:07 AM, Serialmapper said:

You may get inspired by de_aztec, regarding the artificial lightning. You will have more freedom in placing those lights.

Yeah I have took a look, they use lots of open roofs, I can defenitly use that by adding broken roofs/ceilings but it won't work for all places.

Anyways.. I have a ruff greybox of the whole map. There is no radar yet. I have to fix a few things. Cover up a few bad seightlines, fill up CT some more and get rid of some nodraws and then I will add a radar for hopefully a playtest. 

You can subscribe to the map and walk arround already if you like: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=890352461

And a few screenshots of T spawn, midle and A site:

20170324205203_1.jpg

20170324205416_1.jpg

20170324205603_1.jpg

20170324205636_1.jpg

Edited by Roald

2 hours ago, nikkoship said:

Awesome man, reminds me of something from an Uncharted game. What are your references, if any? Looking forward to what it ends up looking like!

To be honest its almost entirly my imagination. I searched on google 'german castle' and 'overgrown castle/cathedral/ruins' and used some inspiration from that. 

Excuse me for my spam on this topic. I hope I won't bother u guys too much with the updates.

There is now a working radar and you can still walk arround the map :D just check the first post for a link to the workshop

Qe9HEnq.jpg

Venice statues fits nicely

pDhO1Xh.jpg

And CT spawn a litle detailed

g8Aw9uF.jpg

Edited by Roald

I have had a 5 vs 5 competetive playtest with friends.Based on this playtest I changed some minor things troughout the map: filled up B main a litle, extended midle in length, made the A main entrances thinner and closed up alot of view seights on A connector. Besides the litle changes I completly changed A bombsite. 

20170408201409_1.jpg

20170408201335_1.jpg

20170408201418_1.jpg

20170408201158_1.jpg

de_acquisition_radar.jpg

Edited by Roald

Started to add some background details on T spawn, next will be the background of the main path to A bombsite as these areas most likely won't change alot. I am kinda experimenting with what I want with the 'feeling' of the map. What do you guys think of this?

I Hope to recieve some feedback on what I could improve. Right now it's not fully detailed but it's close to what I want. The playable area of the map will mostly be made from stone structures and the background will be more made out of woden structures/houses and this part shown in the screenshots will be in between where a more royal building fades into a woden bottem down village. And ofcourse plants taking all over the place! I have to do some more on that part, but too bad there are not many good climbing plants to use

EDIT: Some small changes:

Edited by Roald