1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. marcudaniel1337

Posts by marcudaniel1337

  • [PAID] Mapping for GoldSrc

    • marcudaniel1337
    • May 29, 2025 at 8:02 AM

    let's do it man, what could go wrong

  • 1hp_grenade

    • marcudaniel1337
    • March 16, 2025 at 12:42 PM

    As much as I liked level design over the years, I can tell that stuff has changed around. It seems to me that nowadays it matters more how the map looks like rather than how it plays, back in the day you could build a basic map and find tons of players to playtest and improve it, but today you spend at least 2 months on map and everyone has an opinion about "why that thing isn't good on it", like I'm not saying I'm the best mapper or anything, but when I playtested my Source maps everybody had to criticize stuff and not in the constructive way.

    I have been featured on the frontpage of GameBanana and the Steam Workshop, I have a top MOD on ModDB, I have been called for an interview by a big gaming company and I enjoy games that take skill like Team Fortress Classic, I once tried Fortnite and killed 10+ opponents before getting killed.

    Anyways I hope that will change in CS2, aside from the useless skins and abandoning CS 1.6 support (you can't find a decent server there anymore)... This map is your classic 1hp with a twist: it has a grenade in the middle so you can blow up the entire opposing team!

    YouTube Link

    Workshop Link

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™