1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Wintrius

Posts by Wintrius

  • [Wingman] Paro

    • Wintrius
    • June 10, 2020 at 6:43 PM

    I could recognize those recolored Kaizen trees from a mile away.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Wintrius
    • May 13, 2020 at 12:18 AM
    Quote from michal3210

    On 4/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, michal3210 said: some screenshots from my latest project, on which im working on in free time! It still needs some improvements, but it looks good in current state I think

    dz_Arctic!

    This looks great! Did you make the assets? They look very nice.

  • Bisounours Party: Adventure

    • Wintrius
    • April 26, 2020 at 9:09 PM
    Quote from Klems

    7 hours ago, Klems said: You need to crouch at the top of the ladder.

    Upon restarting the scene the ladder worked. It was just bugged out the first time I guess.

  • Bisounours Party: Adventure

    • Wintrius
    • April 25, 2020 at 11:15 PM

    This area is not seem large enough to climb through.

  • Bisounours Party: Adventure

    • Wintrius
    • April 22, 2020 at 10:02 PM

    What a mad lad! You actually did it. This is epic.

  • Submerged

    • Wintrius
    • April 6, 2020 at 11:24 PM

    I would put some spotlights integrated into the floor, that would look really modern and fancy.

  • Chlorine

    • Wintrius
    • April 1, 2020 at 1:06 AM

    Congratulations on getting this into the game!

  • Anubis

    • Wintrius
    • April 1, 2020 at 1:05 AM

    Congratulations! You guys deserved getting this in the game, and I'm happy for you all.

  • [CS:GO] Yamaha

    • Wintrius
    • March 19, 2020 at 2:52 AM

    That lighting is epic.

  • [CS:GO] Exotic Places Contest TOP 4 WINNERS

    • Wintrius
    • March 16, 2020 at 8:04 PM

    This was a big surprise (besides Anubis getting first of course). I was confident Swamp and Mustang would make the top four, but I guess I was wrong. Congratulations to all the winners!


    Although Victoria did not win, I have joined @synkope to perfect the map. Look out for future updates!

  • Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

    • Wintrius
    • February 23, 2020 at 9:45 PM

    My boy Bratwurst is going ham.

  • Victoria

    • Wintrius
    • February 22, 2020 at 10:55 PM

    After going over this map more thoroughly, I began to really appreciate the work put into it. Still, there is some visual work that definitely may need to be done. I suggest implementing more texture variety, possibly thematic patterns on the walls. It seems as though the beige wood wall texture is used quite often. I would also try to distance this map from the Biome feel to give this map its own distinct taste. I enjoy its current state, but the map truly does feel like Biome rather than its own entity in most areas. One possible solution to this is replacing the metal touches with wood or brick, or just some other distinct material that fits the color scheme. My only other gripe with this map is the waterfall itself.

    This looks very nice on a first glance, but some small touches could surely go a long way. The contrast is a bit off, and some darker tones may up the realism. I'm sure changes will come with extra polish, but it is something notable on first glance.

    Otherwise, I enjoyed checking out this map. The work here is very impressive, especially for a solo job--and a mapper I have not heard of until this map. Good luck!

  • [CS:GO] Exotic Places Contest TOP 10 FINALISTS

    • Wintrius
    • February 12, 2020 at 8:53 PM

    I’m guessing it now: 1st. Anubis 2nd. Swamp 3rd. Mustang The fourth one is anyone’s bet out of this breathtaking top eleven.

    As for my personal hopes: 1st. Anubis 2nd. Swamp 3rd. Mustang 4th. Mocha 5th. Ivory

    Good luck to you all!

  • Anubis

    • Wintrius
    • February 11, 2020 at 10:09 PM

    Tatooine has never looked better. ?

  • Bregov

    • Wintrius
    • February 10, 2020 at 8:35 PM

    I really like the style you two were heading for with this map, but I found that the visuals were rather under-detailed and too clean. Still, that's nothing a bit of extra time can't fix. Although you may not have made the top 10, there's a good amount of potential to be explored with this map.

  • Mocha

    • Wintrius
    • February 2, 2020 at 5:16 AM

    Press F to pay respects. ?

  • Victoria

    • Wintrius
    • February 2, 2020 at 3:55 AM

    Although the map could use some slight polish and variety in textures, Biome 2 is really shaping up well.

  • Mocha

    • Wintrius
    • February 2, 2020 at 3:44 AM

    The colors and lighting are really well done, very beautiful! ?

    The map is not without its issues, though. Just look at these:

    Also: these stairs are not clipped.

    Anyway, besides these issues, this map is a pretty solid entry. I haven't played the layout yet, but the visuals are expertly done in many areas. Good luck!

  • Control

    • Wintrius
    • February 2, 2020 at 3:12 AM

    Two rather large criticisms:

    • The layout is just corridors and therefore is not as interesting as it could be.
    • If I were you, I'd stick to either red or blue with the main colors. The contrast, at least to me, looks a bit odd.
  • Mustang (formerly Everest)

    • Wintrius
    • February 1, 2020 at 7:45 PM

    This map actually put a smile on my face. I really love the visual style, and the layout might be the best one here. My only problems with the map are small nit-picks.

    This prop looks very out-of-place, and I'd suggest replacing it entirely. Putting a ramp here may also be interesting.

    Changing the bricks on this prop to gray and adjusting the color a bit would look a lot more fitting.

    A custom graffiti here would be very fitting.

    These rooms would look better with some new wall textures and details. Some custom paintings or furniture could also go a long way.

    Anyway, this is surely one of the greatest entries. You won't even need me to wish you luck, because you've already secured the top three with this map.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™