1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. That50'sGuy

Posts by That50'sGuy

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • April 3, 2019 at 1:25 PM
    Quote from Serialmapper

    1 minute ago, Serialmapper said: Nope, just a pbr material

    Huh, I thought PBR wasn't supported in Source? Well either way, they look great!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • April 3, 2019 at 2:44 AM

    Just a tease on some new and upcoming background details :)

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • April 2, 2019 at 1:53 PM
    Quote from Serialmapper

    On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, Serialmapper said: [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/N7HMECB.jpg]

    Those tiles look 3D! ...Are they? XD

    Great job!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 25, 2019 at 7:01 PM
    Quote from TECHNICKER

    1 hour ago, TECHNICKER said: Where did you get those textures?

    I believe he's using "dev/reflectivity_50b" for the brushes.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 24, 2019 at 12:16 AM

    I feel like this might be sarcasm, but I'm not sure ?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 23, 2019 at 12:04 AM

    Who want's to try some freshly baked German bread?

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

    And after that, how about you enjoy some nice refreshing cola?

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

  • de_zoo

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 18, 2019 at 9:01 PM

    This was always my favorite map of all the operations! Congratulations on getting it back in the game again!

    Side note: Though, I think B-Site looked better with the old Dust palms. They just looked more natural in there :D

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 17, 2019 at 8:03 PM
    Quote from Dimitris Politis

    5 hours ago, Dimitris Politis said: I have a question, is it better to have solid brushes or to make them hollow for easier manipulation? Thanks.

    Well that's ultimately up to you, but I'd recommend that you keep them solid brushes for now :)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 16, 2019 at 5:20 PM
    Quote from Dimitris Politis

    12 hours ago, Dimitris Politis said: Would you be so kind to give me an example of the platform you are talking about ?

    Thanks for the time :)

    Well you'll have to excuse my subpar image editing skills (If I had the .VMF, I'd whip something up really quick), but something like this would be nice. (Just be sure to move it back behind the bars instead of where I put it. I only did it to make it easier to edit) Just add some cover onto the platform and it could be an interesting spot. Though you'll have to test that yourself since I'm not entirely sure ?

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 16, 2019 at 3:10 AM
    Quote from Dimitris Politis

    16 hours ago, Dimitris Politis said: Do you have any ideas of what it could be there? :)

    I'm glad you asked!

    Perhaps it could be replaced with an elevated platform with some cover. That's what I first thought of when I saw it.

    And here's a little side note: Perhaps a different name would be better for the map. There are probably hundreds of maps on the workshop with the name "Abandoned" already. Perhaps Corrosion (de_corrosion) would be better? (Corrosion is a fancy term for rust)

  • Resistance

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 16, 2019 at 2:58 AM

    I love how It's turning out so far! It vaguely reminds me of coop_cementplant in a way with the night-time factory theme.

    Though here's a suggestion: Some of the windows in that brick building could have lights on behind them. You don't have to make the insides if you don't wanna make all of that, but you could try something sort of like what I did with the windows on a distant house in one of my maps: (A window frame with a flat texture behind it, and a light in front of it)

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

  • DE_TENEMENT

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 15, 2019 at 6:40 PM
    Quote from zastels

    16 hours ago, zastels said: Learn to be flattered by things like this, it'll make you a better person and artist.

    I seriously cannot tell if you are trolling or not. Who would be flattered by theft?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 14, 2019 at 1:41 PM

    Really nice work @Dimitris Politis! It looks like it could be really fun! Though I think those beams really should go.

  • DE_TENEMENT

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 11, 2019 at 4:27 PM

    If you don't mind me asking, what gave you the idea for the name? I've never heard of the word before ?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 7, 2019 at 3:52 PM
    Quote from csWaldo

    Just now, csWaldo said: "We build our New German Reich" would be "Wir bauen unser Neues Deutsches Reich". Switching the first two words like you did here makes it an imperative. It also needs to be "unser" not "unsere", since the grammatical gender of "Reich" is neuter.

    Thank you very much for the grammar help. But since the sign no longer exists in the map, it's fine :)

  • Opal

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 7, 2019 at 1:29 PM

    Great news! But... Are those Tim Hortons boxes I see?!

    *CANADA INTENSIFIES*

  • [CS:GO] de_border (W.I.P.)

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 6, 2019 at 3:28 AM

    Rather large update today! I've heavily upgraded the bombsites to be much more open and fun than before!

    I know that there may be a sightline issue at A-Site, but I'll fix that tomorrow. I've been up since 7 AM, tee-hee!

    Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1713599987

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

  • DE_TENEMENT

    • That50'sGuy
    • March 2, 2019 at 6:37 PM

    I actually really like the older map feel. Perhaps I'm just crazy though XD. I definitely think that it should have more light though. Then this would be pretty nice!

  • [CS:GO] de_border (W.I.P.)

    • That50'sGuy
    • February 26, 2019 at 1:37 AM

    Today I've released a new update!

    The changes include:

    A working bot navigation mesh.

    An improved skybox.

    I've expanded upon Apartments.

    And I've added another building to CT-Spawn.

    Here's hoping you enjoy the update!!!

    Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1713599987

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

  • [CS:GO] de_border (W.I.P.)

    • That50'sGuy
    • February 25, 2019 at 6:36 AM
    Quote from Roald

    8 hours ago, Roald said: Bro, you are a strong independent woman, you can decide for yourself ?

    I think Border sounds pretty dope

    Heh, I'm actually a guy. But your right, I'm rather indecisive ? I'll wait until the end of tomorrow to see what the votes say.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™