1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. episcura

Posts by episcura

  • New CG Textures alternative, Episcura

    • episcura
    • September 30, 2015 at 12:45 AM

    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just wanted to let you know that we have a free page up this month to thank our users. In the newsletter we sent out to our subscribers we described it like this:

    Quote

    Every month we will feature a rotating assortment of free images that will revolve around a changing theme. This month we've put together a collection of post-apocalyptic, steam punk-ian images that should get you well on your way to creating your vision of a future nuclear wasteland.

    This month you can find the page here. Added bonus, you don't have to be signed up to download. :XD: If you are signed up, the downloads from this page shouldn't count toward your daily bandwidth. Also, you should sign up anyway because the process won't ask you for any payment information. Download great textures for free daily. Why wouldn't you? ;)

  • New CG Textures alternative, Episcura

    • episcura
    • July 16, 2015 at 6:40 AM

    Thanks for checking us out!

    We've been adding more images every week to build our library.


    Currently, our developer is building a free page where we can highlight textures and HDRI that will not count against user bandwidth.


    The name is a tougher question. I believe one of the founders told me it is some sort of genus or category in the biological world? I wasn't part of that decision. My involvement is only as an editor. Full disclosure, I do get paid for the images I edit but there are multiple people editing images. Franky, I did it because they're friends and I want to help. (Translation: I'd be paid more if worked at McDonalds. :D ) Hey, every app/company/band needs a unique name for searches on the web these days. episcura may be weird, but it sure works when you type it into the search engine. We're new so we don't yet have that brand recognition like Kleenex.

    Recently someone shared that gave developers prefer square textures. It's good feedback because the founders all have VFX, CG backgrounds. Let us know if you have any feedback, we'd love to hear from you. You can find us on twitter, G+ and Facebook to keep up on further developments. I know they hope to launch a contest with cash prizes in the coming months.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™