1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. LapnLook

Posts by LapnLook

  • [WIP] de_alps

    • LapnLook
    • June 9, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    Quote from Quotingmc

    The one on cache is called "electric box" I think it is a transformer station.

    No I mean the metal protection barrier things around the pillars. I know that there is an electric box :)

  • [WIP] de_alps

    • LapnLook
    • June 9, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    Quote from Vaya

    A map set in the alps with no cliff-top vistas?

    disappointed.

    dude that would be optimization hell

    it's going to be hard af to properly optimize this even without that, cause it's so open and there are trees kinda far up in the cliffs

  • [WIP] DE_SWATCITY (Radar update + lighting pass)

    • LapnLook
    • June 9, 2015 at 7:20 AM

    middle looks interesting, but isn't that a bit too long range? also, maybe it's just the overview not being representative, but those paths look kinda narrow and that would lead to a lot of blocking. But I'm no expert and I didn't really have time to play the map yet.

  • [WIP] de_alps

    • LapnLook
    • June 8, 2015 at 10:06 PM

    One last thing for today:


    wow am I lonely in this thread

    anybody wanna comment here? how was your day? what's on your favorite pizza? do you like playing on Dust II?

  • [WIP] de_alps

    • LapnLook
    • June 8, 2015 at 9:46 PM

    If you have any questions about the radar image (there is some verticality to the level) ask me, I hopefully can clear it up for you!

  • [WIP] de_orion

    • LapnLook
    • June 7, 2015 at 7:11 AM

    This kinda reminds me of Drone from Black Ops 2 (yes I used to play CoD, please don't hate me). Will it have the same kind of automated doors? :D

    Joking aside, this one looks really good. But isn't the A site a bit too tight?

  • [WIP] de_alps

    • LapnLook
    • June 6, 2015 at 7:53 PM

    So I decided to redo the train station roof (CT Spawn), cause the previous iteration just looked boring, and frankly, ugly.

    I also replaced the metal pillars with wodden ones, but with a metal thingy (someone tell me what you would call that please! :) ). The idea behind this is that it makes wallbanging possible at head height, or if you jump up on one of the benches, but crouching behind one of these offers you full protection (as in no random bullets hitting you through the pillar)

    One more thing: just to clarify, these railings are NOT solid for bullets.

    Do you guys want me to post a minimap today or tomorrow, or can it wait until I finish the cliffs around the edges of the map?

  • [WIP] de_alps

    • LapnLook
    • June 5, 2015 at 1:33 PM

    I've been working on detailing the outskirts of the map (basically adding cliffs and pine trees). Once I finish this, I will have to add windows to a few buildings and redo the 3d skybox, and then I'll release the Beta. This will possibly happen next week, after which I will send the map to playtesting to see what needs to be tweaked.

    (I'm using TopHATTWaffle's "Real World Textures" texture pack — he WILL be credited in the Beta version)

    Here are some pictures of the map (it's only one corner of it, cause the other sides aren't even near complete)

  • de_royal (previously de_street)

    • LapnLook
    • June 2, 2015 at 10:07 PM

    the layout seems pretty interesting! I haven't played it yet, but from the overview the B site seems like both teams would reach it around the same time (but if I'm correct then the main street thingy area can be locked down by CTs and the back alley area is slower but safer?). I will play this on the weekend

  • [WIP] DE_STGELLERT

    • LapnLook
    • June 2, 2015 at 6:59 PM

    well, I guess we have the winner here :P

  • [WIP] de_alps

    • LapnLook
    • June 1, 2015 at 9:33 PM

    EDIT: Competintion submission is here!

    Hi, I'm LapnLook!

    This map is set in a small town located in Austria in the mountains (the Alps if you somehow haven't guessed).

    Workshop link with images, but I posted them down below in the comments: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=459909643

    I will post regular progress updates here and on the CSGO reddit (where I have been posting them).

    Hope you like it!

    Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™