1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Jack_is_my_name

Posts by Jack_is_my_name

  • de_monaco

    • Jack_is_my_name
    • June 6, 2015 at 10:03 PM

    My entry into the competition (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=509702483)

    It's gonna be set in monaco and will feature both the docks, apartments, parks and streets, fun fun fun!

    Map is finally finished, I hope it will be well received, in my opinion it looks snazzy, but I do understand that it is quite a large map, and that it won't suit everyones play styles.

  • Mapcore June 1 Announcement

    • Jack_is_my_name
    • June 1, 2015 at 3:33 PM

    Can't believe that I believed IGN when they said believe the hype, I just can't believe it

  • Mapcore June 1 Announcement

    • Jack_is_my_name
    • May 29, 2015 at 3:15 PM

    I'm guessing competition for the new co-op gd_ maps (I have sneaked a peek at gd_bank and gd_cbble, seems fun!)

  • [CSGO] [WIP] de_fallujah

    • Jack_is_my_name
    • May 14, 2015 at 10:08 AM
    Quote from Drakeee

    On the overview it looks like it'll be a flat out race to the top right bombsite, which team spawns where?


    CTs spawn at the bottom, Ts at the top left, CTs have the advantage at B site, but the timings are very relatable to the timings of dust 2 B site entry, as in CTs only have the time to throw one or two grenades before Ts can rush into the site. CTs also have the option of using middle to attempt to hinder the T's rush into B site. If you play the map you will understand what I mean.

  • [CS:GO] Packing Custom Content?

    • Jack_is_my_name
    • May 14, 2015 at 8:42 AM

    Ok, I had this situation with one of my maps (CSGO btw) where I had ripped about 1800 insurgency props, pakrat thinks that you only need the .dx90 version of a model file along with the .mdl for it to work (and the texture of course), for some props (such as ported alien swarm props) this is fine, but for the insurgency props I had, they would show up solid black in the game, To fix this, I used VIDE (pakfile lump editor) to pack the files


    http://www.riintouge.com/VIDE/


    I opened my bsp and scanned the files that it used, I then scrolled through and added all the files I needed, the ones that pakrat and other programs think would have to be packed show up in yellow, if you order them by file name, you will see that there are actually other files that you need


    http://imgur.com/HQSotI0


    This image should explain it well

  • Free Art & Level Design Resources Megathread

    • Jack_is_my_name
    • May 14, 2015 at 8:14 AM

    Hi, this guy has a lot of good scifi .tga textures


    http://www.philipk.net/


    scroll to the bottom of the page to see them, download the id tech 4 version to get decent sized individual files.

  • [CSGO] [WIP] de_fallujah

    • Jack_is_my_name
    • May 13, 2015 at 2:51 PM

    Hello, I'm making another map, this one is probably better than my previous ones, it has, at least in my opinion, an interesting layout and a lot of depth to its gameplay around middle in particular.


    I'm looking forward to hearing people's responses.


    Workshop link:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=438452056


    Some screenshots:


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/G5VfOEG.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/4xDNUYW.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/atEW6zl.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/uH1CWrb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ma9605u.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ECJPg0d.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/J91CMrX.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Kvljmij.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Hr7tieN.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JbjzSgO.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/QezDIWj.jpg]



Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™