Posts by Jack_is_my_name
-
-
Some fine folks have set this subreddit up for posting those lovely aim maps everyones loves seeing on the workshop front page, right?
https://www.reddit.com/r/CSaimmappers/
I need to advertise it because I've been made a mod and I need to appear that I'm doing something!
Edit: I suppose this counts as advertising, so remove it if you wish but I'm not too sure on this one.
-
Quote from Vaya
I'm not sure if proper filtering by gamemode is currently possible. You'll know yourself that the mapper assigns this when uploading @Jack_is_my_name
Would need more work (potentially lot more if workshop has to scan the BSP for certain entities.)
I can see the problem yes, however CSGO has such an impressive mapping community that I feel Valve should make more of an effort to facilitate it, god knows a large section of the community is bored of dust2, and I feel that making more (de_ cs_) maps more easily available would encourage more competitively viable maps, it also doesn't help that, at the moment, the reward for making really fantastic maps isn't great, of course the monetary incentive is there, but it pales in comparison to the amounts skin makers get, if mappers could be rewarded with having their map played by a section of the community, and then perhaps being voted on, this could be a further incentive to create maps, and if a map gets enough votes, why not put it in an operation or even into the map pool such as cache.
-
Quote from LizardPL
You mean like aim_ak47, aim_pistol , aim_subway, ttt_minecraft_b5_csgo, fy_dustshack ?

No, 'top current 5 favourite de_ or cs_'
Quote from austinweiss13Yeah, there's a lot of quality that's just being overlooked on the workshop
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6083516537…und-color=black
Thanks friend! I hope you realise that map is a pisstake by the way
-
I really feel like Valve could do so much more to welcome community maps, such as running a few official servers (accessible through the server browser most probably though), dm and the like, with the top current 5 favourite de_ or cs_ maps in the workshop that week, I feel that could be an interesting idea and surely wouldn't be too hard to implement - any thoughts?
-
Quote from Vorontsov
I would highly recommend getting a good folder full of reference pictures first. I don't get the feeling that this is in Hong Kong, as there is very little to indicate so, it looks like an outside disco party. And I don't mean any of this in a bad way, but judging from the screenshots it looks to be located somewhere in a warmer climate, maybe the Middle East or Los Angeles, that's how I felt.
I see what you mean, it was originally set in india, but then i decided to nick all the soho assets from tf2 so i moved it. http://simparkinfrastructure.com/inc/wp-content…t-night-top.png
simpark mall in kolkata
-
An Arms Race / Deathmatch map set in Hong Kong during the monsoon season.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=588369155
A few screenshots for your enjoyment pleasure:
Quote[Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301931855/0E4B317CC33809BF9AE05264FFFC82853B1FF8F3/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301930591/0432412D4EA3165AFA8B9632577904A21ECBCA60/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301938506/842B32D6DEC7352FBF2133DCAB8CAF5510013A2B/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301939202/91F83C2D31E5FA0F65652F6BC6F512EA18B7CEC7/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301928811/E3E77B81FAAE87A7D883E0A7C4C796420842B9AD/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301930876/2F981A4DA4F932782AFCEB2B2D233DB41904CC1E/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301931185/45E2A75C681BD0609BE1D7FB3766087F79B730E6/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301939617/ABE4151191417EB89810907EFE40D54EB32CD0AC/]
Sorry for 42 photos that all look similar.
-
-
The critic reviews were harsh, probably due to the trailer spoilers, but on rotten tomatoes it still has around 7 user score.
-
Quote from Sprony
Jack, if you ain't got anything constructive to say, don't post. Any post that's not on point will be deleted from now on. As for the rest of you, @Vaya said it best. You can't help people who don't want to be helped.
I just comment on everything I have done well and blame all the problems on scot, it's certainly his fault that the hitboxes are shite...
EDIT: And even that is a joke
-
NO OAK TREES IN INS_BUHRIZ PLS DELETE MAP SO BAD
-
How about infinity as a name?
-
REALLY GOOD ERROR MODELS
-
Quote from text_fish
Something new and different, like a map where CT's teleport to various points around a cluster of buildings in deep fog, to rescue the hostages.
Honestly, I don't mind that you're making cs_insertion2 and kudos for getting Oskmos' blessing, but please stop arguing that you're trying something new.
Cherry Picking at its finest,
'Defuse Maps have different aspects of gameplay compared to Hostage Maps. I understand that most maps on CS:GO have set engagements, but why not have something new and different? It would be awesome to have to take new tactics to enter, capture and leave the town. Randomness requires extra skill from the player, and would make it more fun in my opinion.'
He is evidently talking about the fog and its effects, not about copying a concept from another map...
-
REALLY NICE CUSTOM MODELS
-
Hi, I am looking to use $jointsurfaceprop with one of my models, but I'm not sure how to use (or even make) bones in my .mdl files (I predominantly use blender for 3d models) any help would be greatly appreciated!

-
27 Days ago reddit user 'TommyTwoFings' suggested that someone remake COD4's mp_crash, I decided that I would take on the challenge, here it is now, hope everyone enjoys!
Workshop Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=464720915
Screenshots:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/rIz8ci1.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/yODiNGg.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zSz1jsP.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/sz0mM74.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dpDPz7g.jpg]
What map would be complete without Bob?
Special prize for first person who finds him!
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ihWCijZ.jpg]
-
The whole situation is fucked, you can't support the russians invading other countries, but you can't support the ukrainians bombing their citizens (their government also faked intelligence in an effort to get western aid and is composed of several extreme right-wing bigots who helped in the revolution thus they were allowed into government).
-
Quote from VIOLATION
I hope you don't think I was accosting him or something for having the same idea? I was really only just expressing that I found it kind of neat that someone was doing the same sort of map I really wasn't trying to come off rudely or acting like no one else could do a map similar to a tiny little thing I made.
I really have no plans to even work on it further at this point. It was more a little side project to just make something interesting. And even if I was going to work on it further I would never tell you or anyone else to stop work on theirs. That'd be pretty ridiculous from my point of view. I'm excited to see how you envision the area is more what I was trying to say so sorry if it came off weird or something.
No, not at all, just wanted to clear things up, I saw that you're working on de_orion, hopes that works out well for you, this guy http://www.philipk.net/ has a load of scifi textures (pk01 and pk02 - source varients) that might help you out just remember to attribute him as a source for these textures, hope this helps out

-
Quote from VIOLATION
How strange, I had literally started making the same sort of map (except having it take place during the race) and planned on making it the same name about a week or two ago, yet I didn't plan on ever entering it in the contest.
To show I'm not lying: http://i.imgur.com/2kmZDLM.jpg http://i.imgur.com/JDzVh2l.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xaCrSob.jpg
I don't suppose I'll be furthering work on it now or ever entering it into this contest, just found it a strange coincidence we ended up having the same idea. Good luck and hope to see how your map develops!
Ahaha, thanks, that is a strange coincidence, so will you be entering this or not? just to be sure, I can do another map if you want to do that one!