1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vertex

Posts by Vertex

  • [CSGO] ENCLOSURE (Zoo aim map)

    • Vertex
    • January 22, 2020 at 10:00 PM
    Quote from Ringel

    On 1/14/2020 at 2:05 AM, Ringel said: hi :D

    I looked at your map ingame. It looks good. A few things I noticed:

    - The custom water texture is not shown. You need to pack the custom content into your bsp file. You can use vide for that.

    - The tall rocks next to the gate are too pixelated. You should replace them or make them smaller and use more than one. The one rock inside the midle would be big enough and it looks not pixelated.

    - Your trees could have much better shadows. They are too dark. All you have to do is enable Ignore Surface Normal. It will then produce a better shadow.

    The content cannot be displayed because you do not have authorisation to view this content.


    I don't play csgo anymore and I did not played aim maps. SO I cant tell you how it plays.

    That's it, happy mapping! :D

    Display More

    Wow! Thanks for the detailed analysis. The tree shadows were bothering me but I couldn't figure out how to fix it, and I didn't even realize the water texture wasn't showing. Very helpful advice, will update the map today.

  • [CSGO] ENCLOSURE (Zoo aim map)

    • Vertex
    • January 11, 2020 at 8:12 PM

    Hello all! Haven't played csgo or made maps for the past 3 years, so I created this aim map to get used to everything again. It is set inside of a small zoo enclosure (for flamingos? maybe?). It comes packed with some custom server commands, so it's ready for playing straight out of the gate. Thanks for checking it out!


    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1965581804


  • de_jungle (WIP)

    • Vertex
    • June 9, 2015 at 12:45 AM
    Quote from Tensei

    What about this ? Try making something like this but jungle themed ofcourse. I kinda enjoyed that map on source. ( map was called de_forest btw)

    [Blocked Image: http://media.netday.be/images/games/css/de_forest/de_forest0001.jpg]

    The theme I was going for was a research facility in the middle of a jungle, not an actual jungle.

  • de_jungle (WIP)

    • Vertex
    • June 8, 2015 at 8:18 PM
    Quote from Tensei

    Doesn't resemble jungle to me, but lets wait some progress. Too early to even rate this one

    :) True, I'm waiting to get feedback on the Iayout before I begin detailing at all.

  • de_jungle (WIP)

    • Vertex
    • June 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM

    Hey guys! I've been lurking around Mapcore for awhile, and I've finally finished a fully playable map. The theme isn't fully decided yet, however I'm thinking of having a research facility isolated in a jungle, hence the temporary name "jungle".


    Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=457699461


    Overview:


    CT Spawn:


    T Spawn:


    Middle:


    A Bombsite:


    B Bombsite:

  • [CS:GO] [WIP] de_earlywarning

    • Vertex
    • March 9, 2015 at 12:18 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/YmhohJm.jpg?1]


    Just a quick idea. Maybe move B site down and shift T spawn to the left?

  • (CS:GO) de_frostbite (WIP)

    • Vertex
    • February 19, 2015 at 2:14 AM

    Hello! I'm new to creating maps, and I figured I should get some feedback on a layout I've created.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/qv48CxN.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™