1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • Hammer - Optimisation questions

    • Vaya
    • January 29, 2015 at 10:17 AM

    How do you guys the balance between open skybox vs closed but optimised right? I want to keep the numportal count as low as possible but also don't want a limiting skybox...

  • Problem with mouse Razer

    • Vaya
    • January 29, 2015 at 12:15 AM

    Logitech g400s


    Had the model down - Logitech mx518 - for about 5 years before getting this one. It still works fine.

  • [CSGO] de_innsbrook

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 9:43 PM

    I think he has simplified them

  • Advice on flat art style?

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 1:26 PM

    I would be looking at audiosurf. Horizontal detail (perpendicular to the players direction of travel) will help with the sense of speed.

  • WIP(CS:GO) De_Agri

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 12:07 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/eQo0H5Q.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/o2p4aFD.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/lN1iY12.jpg]


    The 'blinds' texture I was talking about in the playtest.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 11:53 AM

    That's a flat mate.


    They are pretty cheap outside the centre of edinburgh. We're both not up for living in the sticks though.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 10:09 AM

    I'd rather hear the horror stories now and not when I've just signed 25-30 years of my life away to be honest!


    I hope it works out for you in the end, The market is apparently rising here again.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 9:02 AM

    Rhinoplasty | Asimov

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    Quote from GameDev

    Wish I could have made it to my playtest, but school was a conflict. Thanks to anyone who participated for departure's first alpha, I'll be taking a look at the GOTV later.

    Make a thread for it in 3D.


    A lot of people (me included) thought the scale was off and there wasn't enough (any) cover.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 8:36 AM

    I think the whole buy/rent/live pogoP's friends mum debate comes down fully to personal situation.


    I'm 26, with a decent job and have a Gf with Bank (her Dad was the director of a health insurance company, enough said) We have no dependents and no plans to have any. We've been renting together now for about 7 years at about 650/700 a month. Mortgage would be 400-500


    Edinburgh is vastly different from the Netherlands too in terms of how quickly 2 bedroom flats sell, There's literally 4 universities here. I doubt we'd match your horror story of waiting 4 years with no buyers..


    We're looking at something like this: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/detai…0AfxdFpLIl3Y.97

  • WIP(CS:GO) De_Agri

    • Vaya
    • January 28, 2015 at 7:17 AM

    replace some of the haybales with cover for the CTs defending. you can't really use the hay as cover.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • January 27, 2015 at 7:54 PM
    Quote

    Don't do it. I'm one of those suckers that got tricked into buying. Stating, with renting you are not building any capital. You are just throwing money away. But by buying, you are building capital for your rainy old day. Sounds good right?

    Back to reality: I've got a house for sale for about 4 years now. It's being priced at a 30.000 euro loss and still no buyers. I can't buy anything else until I sell this and it being a 2 room apartment means our entire lives (my wife and daughter) are on hold for the time being. Sounds exaggerated but there's a lot more involved that would cost pages 2 explain. In short, don't buy a fucking house! It's a rope around your neck.


    While this post is terrifying and all I don't know how much say I have in the matter


    Did you buy a property and then have a kid- decided you needed to sell for a bigger place? If so there's little change of that happening to me. Owning a flat will give me more freedom- not take it away.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • January 27, 2015 at 3:56 PM

    403 error. try posting it again

  • Question about levels and old school level designers.

    • Vaya
    • January 27, 2015 at 10:09 AM

    The difference back then was there was literally 5 maps (2 were considered T sided, 2 CT and one somewhere inbetween) so it kinda balanced out:


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • January 27, 2015 at 9:44 AM

    Started to dip my toes into the minefield that is buying property.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • January 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM
    Quote from LizardPL

    Hi guys, this is my first post here

    I want to get some feedback on my layout.

    TT spawn is on the left side and CT is on the right side.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/lgmEk01.jpg]

    how are the lines of sight from CT?

  • WIP(CS:GO) De_Agri

    • Vaya
    • January 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM

    I vote red wall inplace- but maybe as a wallbangable spot to add a 'gimmick' to mid.


    Green is too powerful without that wall there. you would get two flank spots so CT would NEED to have 3 on A and no cover on mid.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • January 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM

    watch the fnatic vs LDLC game on inferno if you get a chance:


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • January 26, 2015 at 8:39 AM

    Cbble should really be removed from the or changed more dramatically than it has already.


    In comparison overpass is a great map. Really enjoy it.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • January 23, 2015 at 2:45 PM

    I prefer as two separate buttons just so I don't double press and get confused.


    Start angrily jumping at enemies with my knife out..

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™